Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Now should we ban humans from the beach...

In a bit to lose some weight...… all right, lots of weight I have been walking from Thorpe Bay to Westcliff most days. It has been heaven, beautiful, fairly peaceful and walkers, runners etc... all lovely. Sun shining on the sea and really lovely.

However, Today was one of the most shameful sights... due to the good weather yesterday... the sunseekers came down. I am only going to post a few photos but it was disgusting. Nappies, burnt BBQ's, childrens wipes, toys, blankets, food everywhere, doughnuts, fish and chip boxes and endless beer bottles most of which were smashed all over the floor. Fruit juice, plastic... the list would go on and on...It was heartbreaking.
As one guy said, I have been walking for 3 weeks and in one day, its like a plague of filth has hit our streets.
I am not sure if the toilets were open yesterday, I know they were not the other days, but I hate to think where people were going...

I am not debating this but our dogs are only allowed on the beaches at certain times and it is an utter disgrace if people don't pick up after them, but in all the times of being down here...…. I have never seen so much human filth like I did today...
Rant over...

Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

This is disgusting and you are right to be fuming. Some ppl are just scum bags... nothing else to be said really. And now some poor sod is going to have to go and clean it up.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Awful- Its everywhere, I go for walks around me in beautiful countryside and saw quite a bit of flytipping - old sofas, beds, garden waste etc appear here and there over the last few weeks.

These people who do the above or any littering have no class, and were dragged up.
Old 21 May 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Disgraceful, when I was a child I was thought from an early age to either find a bin or take my rubbish home with me, to this day that remains with me and quite often I find bits of rubbish in coat pockets, unfortunately it seems not everyone is thought that or they choose to let it be someone else’s issue to deal with, I said, disgraceful 😢😢
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
This is disgusting and you are right to be fuming. Some ppl are just scum bags... nothing else to be said really. And now some poor sod is going to have to go and clean it up.
The photos really don't show the true sight I saw...…. how can anyone with a family get up and walk away from it all... what sort of mentality is that. Plastic everywhere... our poor seas !
I could have cried today. xx
Old 21 May 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Absolute trash of humans. If it was me id find out who they are and gather all the rubbish and dump it in their gardens .. but most likely they low lifes who live in similar conditions in their homes...

makes my blood boil...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Absolutely disgusting human beings, this always riles me at Loch Lomond, I've spent many a day picking up other people's filth.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Looking at pictures Southend was heaving yesterday. That’s bad enough, but the rubbish left behind is inexcusable. Disgusting.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

So bloody disrespectful.
After the planet has been taking a well earned break you’d think people could be more considerate and appreciative of their surroundings.

Edited at 01:52 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List