Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jun 20, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) Going Out in a Blaze of Glory - DAY 18 - Putting, 3-2-1,Sorcery, MK and Fantasmical Fun!

A day so long I had to edit the name of the thread

Welcome back - you made it...I hoped you would!

If you missed Day 17 - it is a rather brief read and all who have read it have been issued a certificate of merit for doing so ! It can be read here

The whole index for 2019 and a link to all of the previous years of shenanigans is here

After such a lame excuse of a day yesterday, I can only start with a photo to begin today-

Keeping dreams and Trip Reports on track I think!

Today is a busy one and a long one – you knew it would be didn’t you!

Welcome to DAY 18

Saturday 10th August 2019

Well, after yesterday, there was a definitive spring in the step this morning, a determination to get on the right side of the weather and also to get as much packed in as we could .

Fruit, water and what passed as breakfast consumed in the car – we were on a mission!

We were in the car park for opening of WinterSummerland today and due to the amount of people having the same idea we had a bit of a wait, we also chose the Summerland course as it was slightly less of a wait!

Thankfully it was not to prove a Groundhog Day experience, however it is worth mentioning that if you get rained off whilst playing any Disney Putting Course you get a paper ticket that entitles you for a ‘rain check ‘ free game -at any time of the day! This is worth remembering as the UK Ultimate ticket usually only provides free golf up to 4pm (you sometimes get on if it is quiet though or if there is a CM who takes pity on you)

Today we were in full on putting mode and determined to grab a few pics and also to have a good laugh – this was a great start to the day and even though it was already warm, we had a blast especially when we re-enacted a famous cheeky Joe moment from many years gone by.

Ten years later!

For the record I won by a shot!

From there, we got back in the car and headed to Magic Kingdom, parking in Hook 321, at which point we recognised that he boys had no idea who Ted Rogers and Dusty Bin were - nor how much time and effort went into perfecting that 3-2-1 finger switch without offending anyone who was watching the TV or indeed watching our explanation right now!

That took up the whole walk to the TTC - along with an explanation that the prizes were so poor too. Along with the clues to Avoid Dusty Bin or to snag the Mini Metro car –

e.g “I’m aluminium and you can take me for a ride”

We Won!

Well our ride today was a special prize winner and not a Dusty Bin it was a ride on Monorail Lime.

For anyone reading who hasn’t a clue what I’m on about be glad you missed some dreadful TV gameshows as a child!

I think both of ours were glad to get on the monorail and practice the Spanish Speil!

“Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas”

Which today roughly translated to – we’re not with them , our parents have lost it! (see what a parking lot row number causes!) We were still trying to perfect the 3-2-1 fingers without insulting British or indeed American people!

Now as we entered Magic Kingdom , we had missed something really special and despite the pics we really would have loved a proper pic with Phineus and Ferb, not often seen in MK and with the game in Epcot being replaced , I ‘m thinking this may have been one of our last chances to see them forever - I’m glad I got this pic.

Time for a another little extra pic from the past – in a park they really did belong

Hollywood Studios in 2015

We also had a bit of a mission today, that shows in the title of this whole trip report and we are now into day 18 and it has not been mentioned until now! (The full title and reasons are in our final day )

The' Summer of Sorcery ' part relates to the most amazing game that you can play for free in MK, it involves looking closely at parts of the place you possibly have never thought of looking and encourages a bit of teamwork and patience. It is an amazing amount of fun and proves fruitful in the cards you can collect.

Inspired by, the daughter of fellow Scarborough Dibber Elmspenguin, we set about this in earnest this year and as a fun experience in MK it proved a huge time filler and at the same time forced you to look for some hidden magic throughout the whole park.

I will also add a little thank you to CheekyTink - Claire from The Great British Mickey Waffle podcast - who was there for the 2019 Halloween party and very kindly sent the limited edition card to go with the 2018 we got last year. Thank you x

We also used this time at the front of the park to get a photo for another Dibber goodevans who has asked for pictures for her daughters wedding in October 2020

You can read the whole of that thread here – today I tried to get a photo that would get Main Street AND the message in focus!

**I have recently messaged goodevans and amid all the chaos we have all been through – the wedding plans are now moved to October 2021– if you have any pics from your local town please sent them to her – details in the thread**

Our planned fast passes today were-

Space Mountain 12:55 PM - 1:55 PM

Splash Mountain 2:20 PM - 3:20 PM

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 3:25 PM - 4:25 PM

It is possibly a good time to post our Fast Passes for today , Saturday in Magic Kingdom has proved very hit and miss in the past couple of years, it was once a bit of a quieter place than usual , but that now seems to have gone!

We, thankfully, used our first fast pass to avoid a two hour queue for Space Mountain, but not without first noticing the newly installed signs outside Stitch’s great Escape, looks as if he had escaped for good!

Anyway – I digress and take us back to a Space Mountain pic and a relief that we had not had to wait!

Our next stop was for some food – and we dropped into Gaston's

Usually ,there would be a cracking pic of some cinnamon rolls and drinks – this is the best I could muster! From 4 phones and a camera – we have this as a record of what we shared. I include shared , as we were now not on the Dining Plan and I would not be paying those prices!

From there we headed to Splash Mountain , which was again with a huge queue -120mins and our FP was again put to good use!

Sat in the front and with the heat of the day – it was actually good to get wet!

As we exited we also had the parade starting its route from the top end of the park, a good opportunity to dry off, but also aware that we were roasting in the heat. - no not just the Fire!

We took the opportunity to drop in on the Country Bears for the air con , and also because Josh actually likes it and all three fellow travellers don’t!

Hence my traditional photo of the best bit!

Now, of all the places in all of the Walt Disney World, that gag obviously has been said far too often – in the row behind us was a lovely family who were brave enough to ask the question –

“ Are you on the Dibb and are you Walt4it! "

It was that Exit pic gag, I tell you!

We were rather taken aback to meet a regular reader of all of these trip report words - Sparksey72 and having heard of their 3 day adventure to actually get to WDW, I only hope their trip got better after this!

They had been held up at JFK with the afternoon storms of recent days causing a big problem with so many flights on the Eastern Seaboard of the US.

Although originally from Australia they live not too far away from us in North Yorkshire and it was the quickest that time awaiting the Country Bears has ever gone.

They were buzzing, at actually arriving and that feeling actually lifts you- big queues yes, but you are in Magic Kingdom and after staring at airport walls for so long, that excitement will carry you through any queue or indeed any type of weather.

We chatted afterwards too, it was very tempting to chat throughout but there was a growing crowd in here, singing along and really into the show, we respected the show and then had a chat after!

I hope the rest of their holiday was a blast -they certainly deserved it after all the hassle involved.

What another lovely Dibb moment, and I also appreciate that all the photos I post mean that they were more likely to recognise us – but they dared to ask the question and I am so glad they did, it was great to meet them and with their holiday plans mucked up for 2020, I just keep my fingers crossed that they can get back to Australia for a family Christmas this year.
Great to meet you x

We were headed to Big Thunder next and became aware of the growing cloud cover and increased heat- it was a matter of when -not if!

Another great use of Fast Pass and possibly the best way to describe is to share the incoming weather is in some photos!

By the time we exited the queue was closed and that meant that most of MK was now closed. We got some water and popcorn and with a walk into Storybook Circus and then down Main Street, we decided on another twist in the day!

MK works well on a normal FP day, with queue times that are manageable, yes our Saturday gamble had proved to be completely wrong but with so many recent afternoon rained out and indeed evenings too, there was more FP’s being given out than I care to think.

All I know is, from experience, if you have a rained out couple of hours in MK then the FP lines are huge and you are not going to get much done if you use the regular line, even for short queue time rides.

That flexible ‘return at anytime’ when the rain stops for your FP means for a huge logjam. Jammed logs are not a good thing on a theme park day, but perhaps that is best left for a podcast discussion Backside of Water episode

We headed out having cashed in our FP chips and done really well.

We were also ahead of any crowds trying to exit the park, We got on the monorail whilst it was still dry and got off at the TTC to find it was raining at the Grand Floridan but not anywhere else in the monorail loop.

How does that happen?

It was so hot today, the feels like temperature was a rather warm 44°C

With the new tram set up in MK, it was easier to just Walk back to the car, then crank up the aircon and music with Springsteen on full blast and a great Rescue me moment of the day.

We had escaped the storm and whilst still dry we conjured up a plan for the rest of the day, but not before these things of both value and ridiculous price!

Wawa for a 99c Coke in a 44oz cup and an iced coke too. Next stop was Target for some rather great Pizza Planet merch – tee shirts and a hat ( which then cost the additional hoodies that the Disney Store UK sold in the run up to Christmas) Joe now looks like a perfect Pizza Planet delivery driver!

Time then for food - Millers for a quick meal before returning to the theme parks – in case you hadn’t noticed, I had paid for parking today, I was going to make the most of it!

As always,we got turned around quickly in Millers and also chose something different for a change.

Two pepperoni flat breads, a philly steak sandwich and I had some zingers- chicken which was so succulent it will be on the list for the future.

We headed to The Studios and with the time now past 7 we found the parking payment booths closed for the night! Typical, they must have known I had paid already!

Anyway we parked, and as we entered the park decided we were here to achieve just one thing - no rides, nothing else, but JUST Fantasmic.

We did walk through the shop on Hollywood Boulevard just for air con and also to see if the now seemingly elusive baseball shirt that Joe has been looking for was anywhere to be found. His list is growing and unfound Forky is on it too.
No, Not even a quick stop here !

We were seated and ready at 8-20 and then it was time to find a decent camera setting for the show, just before the family in front started playing with the bubble stick they had bought - if we had wanted a face full of bubbles I am sure I would have decided on the bar of dove option that wasn’t on the menu.
Father Jack moment of the trip -just add the word Off!

As Mexican waves followed and then we got to finally got to view Josh’s most favourite nighttime show and one of my most favourite too.

It always makes the hairs stand up on your arms and neck at the end-it is just an incredible thing to watch, absorb and just feel the true powerful Disney magic that the show has at its heart. It also scares the hell out of the children who are here with the bubble stick which helps the photo taking , anyone taking video of the evening, in the proximity of the family in front would be pressing the delete button and moaning more than I was earlier !

Fantasmic does not get the true recognition it deserves in WDW, it is a show that just holds you spellbound.

..Some imagination heh!

Just Bliss to watch and enjoy.

As we headed to the car and back to the villa we became aware of just one thing– where does the time go ?

It was 12 hours after we had left the Villa when we returned, changed and then just allowed the pool and hot tub to soothe the day away.

With a large (plastic) glass of wine and the baseball on tv, Things Don’t get any Better than this.

Big day ahead in the morning , so time for more wine – golf day incoming!

Thanks for reading and hope you managed to get to the end!
An amazing day and looking forward to Day 19 very soon

DAY 19 can be read by clicking here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:42 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good to see you squeezed in a round of golf before MK, even better that you won! Great pics of Joe too!

How fortuitous to see Phinneaus and Ferb in MK, we have only ever seen them in Epcot, they were a brilliant character interaction

We were thankful for our fast passes, you did well with your timings. It was really really busy!

It was such a treat to run into you all at Country Bear Jamboree We were just so thankful to have finally arrived in Orlando (We did make the most of our impromptu stop in NYC but we wished we were in Disney!) and seeing you and Alison and the boys in real life after reading your trip reports over the years was a highlight! Considering how big the world really is, sometimes it feels super small!

So Miller’s is one of our favourites and we always order the zingers plus it is so reasonably priced (unlike Disney ) those flatbreads are delicious too.

On our first trip our first ever Disney show was Fantasmic and I was so happy to see it that I cried happy tears. It is such an incredible production and we loved it even though the person directly in front of me was wearing flashing ears

Pool time and wine (in plastic!) is a perfect ending to an action packed day!

I hope you are all keeping safe and well, your trip report is such a joy to read at the moment. Take care x
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great to find you had put another day up I love your reports as you know and not much happening on trip reports at the moment 😒

Another good day can’t beat a meal at millers, I even did my version of garlic Parmesan zingers for tea last night 🤣🤣

Hope you and yours are fit and well

Joan
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to the next one already, thank you
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fabulous day! It has really cheered me up after our July BA flights were cancelled today ☹️
Fantastic is one of my favourite shows too and a visit to Millers is definitely on the food list for next time. Never been in our 9 visits despite it being on the list for about 3-4 years. Loving your report, thanks for posting.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Crazy golf then 2 parks and a meal! Great day😀
Thanks for the certification btw
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

Wow what a day love doing take two pictures A wine by the pool at the end of the day sounds perfect
xx
Old 6 Jun 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I was pleased to see you'd posted another day. The mini golf is something else that we've never got around to doing. There is just so much to fit in.

You did well at MK to get through all your FPs before the rain came. It can be very strange sometimes to see how close the rain is even though you're stood in glorious sunshine. How nice to meet another dibber. We love sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. The cards make a lovely souvenir. We have before now spent a whole morning doing a few FPs and playing the game.

Fantasmic was my favourite night time show on our first trip and I was a bit sad that we missed it on our second trip. I'm hoping that by the time we eventually get to go again that it will be back on.

I'm looking forward to the next day.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Love the pictures of Joe.
Very busy day and nice you have the hot tub to relax in back at the villa
Old 7 Jun 20, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Good to see you squeezed in a round of golf before MK, even better that you won! Great pics of Joe too!

How fortuitous to see Phinneaus and Ferb in MK, we have only ever seen them in Epcot, they were a brilliant character interaction

We were thankful for our fast passes, you did well with your timings. It was really really busy!

It was such a treat to run into you all at Country Bear Jamboree We were just so thankful to have finally arrived in Orlando (We did make the most of our impromptu stop in NYC but we wished we were in Disney!) and seeing you and Alison and the boys in real life after reading your trip reports over the years was a highlight! Considering how big the world really is, sometimes it feels super small!

So Miller’s is one of our favourites and we always order the zingers plus it is so reasonably priced (unlike Disney ) those flatbreads are delicious too.

On our first trip our first ever Disney show was Fantasmic and I was so happy to see it that I cried happy tears. It is such an incredible production and we loved it even though the person directly in front of me was wearing flashing ears

Pool time and wine (in plastic!) is a perfect ending to an action packed day!

I hope you are all keeping safe and well, your trip report is such a joy to read at the moment. Take care x
Let's gloss over the golf ( Day 19 has a new tale to tell)

Today was so memorable for us and that is why I made mention of what you said - to sit down in the country bear jamboree ( of all places!) and have someone recognise you from all these words typed with photo clues too was so memorable. The boys can't get their head around it still as they don't read all of it on The Dibb, it is just there and saved for them for the future.
Appreciate you actually asking the question as I know it is difficult - I have been there myself and felt a bit strange trying to join together trip reports and seeing a fellow Dibber in reality!

Love your words and if anything I type at the moment brings joy then I possibly need a go back and re-read from the start too !

What I wouldn't give to be back in Millers and just back in the pool and hot tub at Lake Wilson Preserve.

Take care and stay safe, hope you get your trip home and please keep in touch. x

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List