Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Aug 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Copenhagen?

We’ve booked tickets to see the Human League in Copenhagen next year. November so surely it’ll be fine by then...

Has anyone been? How long would we need to see the main sights? Any hotel recommendations.

We can’t book flights yet but are thinking Friday - Monday or Thursday - Sunday as the concert is on the Saturday. The Christmas markets will be on then too.

At least we now have something booked to look forward t. Not quite Orlando or Vegas though .
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

We did a Friday morning to Sunday evening Xmas market break a couple of years ago. We loved it there and it felt very festive with the markets. We stayed in the Hotel Alexandra - a lovely small hotel in a great location.

If you look on the general trip report section there is a good report by Gunna which covers a lot of the sights that we also visited.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went years ago as part of a general Denmark tour. The main thing that sticks in my mind is how small the little mermaid is, I thought she was a model and was peering out to sea looking for the "real" one. I walked over a lot of cobbles in unsuitable shoes to see her as well.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

We loved Copenhagen. We stayed at the Comfort Hotel Vesterbro which was walkable from the station. A lovely friendly city.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 05:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kaydee
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed 2 nights enroute to Norway a couple of years ago. The round tower was worth it for the view and Tivoli gardens was lovely at night.
We stayed in the Scandic Palace which was central and a great breakfast.
Old 26 Aug 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

We went early December a couple of years ago and stayed at 71 Nyhavn Hotel, a lovely hotel with a fabulous breakfast in a great location

It's a very walkable city and the walk to see The Little Mermaid is nice, try and see the changing of the guards at The Royal Palace and Tivoli Gardens are a must see

It is an expensive city though so be prepared! We found it a lot more expensive than Iceland.
Old 26 Aug 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have ben for work a couple of times. It’s a small city and easy to get around on foot, but boy oh boy it is incredibly expensive (glad I was on per diem) - glad I have seen it but wouldn’t wish to go back due to the cost and I dont consider myself being tite
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Another vote for Tivoli Gardens and Nyhavn. We also took in the Carlsberg Brewery Tour. We stayed at the Trafalgar right in the City Centre.

Ohh and check out the Copenhagen Card, if your gonna use public transport a lot and the sites it includes it can work out really good value.

Edited at 08:47 AM.
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone. I don’t think I had appreciated just how expensive it was - £6 for a coffee does seem to be excessive . We will be at the mercy of flights but will maybe do a max 3 nights depending on flight times.

Our holidays usually revolve around food and drink but maybe not this one .

I’ll have a look at the hotel recommendations.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

We went last June. Really great city but yes food isn’t cheap.

We bought the Copenhagen card which covered admission to lots of places and transport which we used lots. We stayed in a Cabinn hotel near Tivoli, it was clean and basic but could include breakfast which we did and filled up before heading out.

I did a mini trip report, there’s a link in my signature which will give you details of what we did. We were there 5 days and easily filled our time. It’s a great place we really enjoyed it
Gunna is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List