Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 12 Sep 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Just watched Mulan I enjoyed it, and the pirates of the Caribbean from the first to last movie never watched them in a row before and never watched it with the kids before.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

The Peanut Butter Falcon on Netflix. It’s about a grieving fisherman (played by Shia LeBoeuf) who meets Zack, a young wrestling fan with Downs Syndrome who is on the run from the old people’s home where he’s been forced to live. The two decide to walk across the country to meet a legendary wrestler but they are pursued by the fisherman’s enemies and a social worker intent on bringing Zack back to the home. It’s very uplifting without being sappy and the actors are apparently close friends. Highly recommended!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
We watched Room on Netflix a couple of nights ago. I can’t believe I had not heard of this film before, I was blown away, the acting was phenomenal and the subject matter was emotive and hard hitting. Absolutely fantastic film and I cannot recommend it highly enough, be prepared to get through a box of tissues though!
I’d really recommend the book which is very good x

Edited at 09:39 AM.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our son daughter in law and granddaughter were here yesterday evening so Finding Nemo went on again as our granddaughter loves it and yes I would recommend it
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Watched The Judge On Netflix last night

Seen it before but enjoyed it ... very touching
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

watched 2 yesterday. Casablanca, watched on my own whilst MIL pick up being done. A proper old romance and duty film. I may have got a tear in my eye occasionally.

Then Paddington 2 for the family afternoon film. Really good story , loads of fun. Would heartily recommend as a 3 generational sleepy afternoon film.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I watched Pets United on Netflix with my daughter yesterday thought it was a good movie but the ending looked rushed.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

The Change-Up on Netflix. Yes, I would recommend. A few moments had me really laughing out loud. I don't normally find American comedies funny at all but this was pretty good. I do like Jason Bateman anyway so that helped
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We watched Mulan last weekend, it was OK.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets. Good movie worth a watch again.