Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Oct 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

When should I buy park tickets?

Hiya, im hoping to book our Oct 2021 holiday in the next week or two. We are looking at getting an Disney and Universal Combo ticket as we would like to do Disney this time (I know... been to Orlando twice but havent done Disney yet ) but cant not go to Universal as we love it.

Those tickets seem to vary quite a bit on price going by attrac tiontix and floridatix etc. When is the best time to purchase them?

Also having not Done Disney before i have no idea about fast passes and magic bands etc, thats if they have gone back to any kind of normal by October 21, plus Disney asking to book your days in the parks? Can anyone help me out with how it all works please?

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

We're booked for Aug 21. I'm not going to buy any tickets until there is a little more certainty regarding travel and can see what the parks do. I don't really want to be in a park if capacity goes up but distancing measures remain in place - I think the queues will be crazy. Might cancel completely if I think this will be the case or cancel our villa and head to the coast instead.
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We are in this boat. Currently have a 7 night Disney package followed by 12 nights in a villa next August. In process of cancelling offsite ( so will lose the tickets) and booking offsite as the cost not justified without the usual onsite perks. Will be buying Disney/ universal tickets next year when got a better idea of what restrictions will be. Unless the park days start getting booked up will likely put a deposit down but not pay the balance until we have to.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've no plans to buy our tickets until much nearer the time, but having said that, we're not worried if we end up missing out on WDW parks, if I had young children I'd probably feel very differently.

It's almost a year away and I feel that so much can and probably will change between now and then that I don't see the point in buying into the panic ticket buying.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
p816
New Poster (2)

Can you purchase disney tickets now for October 21? Last time I enquired with they were only selling tickets up to September 21. We are also due to go in October 21 x
p816 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by p816 View Post
Can you purchase disney tickets now for October 21? Last time I enquired with they were only selling tickets up to September 21. We are also due to go in October 21 x
Tickets are issued by year, I have never heard of a ticket only being valid until September 2021 - maybe that was an extension of a 2020 ticket?

OP, I don’t believe there is such a thing as a good time to buy a ticket. I think you can keep an eye out for sales, compare prices and buy when you are ready. I would not expect prices to fluctuate greatly though.

Nobody knows if the fastpass system will be reinstated by October and I don’t expect news on that imminently. Magic bands were always free to onsite guests and can be purchased by offsite guests, although would be fairly pointless without fastpasses.

Once you have Disney tickets you link them to your MDE account and then go to the park reservation system to select parks. It is very intuitive and you won’t have any trouble. At the moment there is loads of availability throughout 2021, I have made my park reservations as I have a hotel / ticket package, but if I were just requiring tickets I probably wouldn’t buy for 2021 just yet, I would think about it agin maybe in the new year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

We are also planning to go October 2020 but I won't be buying tickets any time soon. As mentioned on the planning thread, we have booked the fly drive part but will hold off on the rest until nearer the time when it is clearer what is happening in the parks. There is no need to buy this far out so better to keep the money myself.

If all is something like normal, then we will book hotels and tickets and maybe even get some reasonable offers.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I've got my Disney ticket for next September and have made park reservations, it's one less thing to think about. I've ordered and paid for a Universal Annual Pass which I'll pick up when I get there.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
We are also planning to go October 2020 but I won't be buying tickets any time soon. As mentioned on the planning thread, we have booked the fly drive part but will hold off on the rest until nearer the time when it is clearer what is happening in the parks. There is no need to buy this far out so better to keep the money myself.

If all is something like normal, then we will book hotels and tickets and maybe even get some reasonable offers.
I am officially a hypocrite!

Spending the afternoon doing some budget planning while watching Brighton beat Villa, I was looking at ticket prices and saw the Black Friday offer from ATD for combined Disney / Universal tickets which is a decent saving.

I was just about to log out when I went back into my test basket to check the figures and I spotted that they are offering a £25 per person deposit with the balance not due until September. Looking at risk v potential saving, I decided to go for the tickets after all.

As a hypocrite, please feel free to completely ignore any views I share in future
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Finnybobs112
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I've done the same. I was quite happy with the price and paid for extra piece of mind cover! Low deposit and can cancel for whatever reason, without being charged. The balance is not due until July, so quite a while to see how things go! 😊 You have to do whatever you feel comfortable with x
Finnybobs112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List