Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

April - change the booking or wait and see?

We were booked for April 2020 and moved it to 5th April 2021 (back then we were sure we would be going by next April). Although the vaccine news is great I'm not sure how likely it will be we will go. Should I hang on and wait and see or try and change it to a later date. Our park tickets have been extended to sept 2021, we have flights and car hire booked but no villa yet. Just hate this hanging on feeling but I guess we're all in the same boat.
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dis88
Trying for More Ears

I feel for you - we’re in a very similar position! Due to go end of April (hopefully our honeymoon trip after postponing wedding and honeymoon this year to next). But who knows what will happen at this stage. We’re going to hang on as long as we can. I may be being naive but I hope we might have a better picture of what’s going to happen next spring
by the end of the year/beginning of next year.
Dis88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

I am booked for 15 April - 6 May.

We have flights we can move (assume you do too) and we are dvc members so we can bank our points into following year.

Did you book park tickets with insurance? We booked through attractiontickets and they over an insurance where you pay a little extra but can cancel them for a refund for whatever reason.
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I wouldn’t cancel if I was you
I’m looking to book for April
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JaguarSkills View Post
I am booked for 15 April - 6 May.

We have flights we can move (assume you do too) and we are dvc members so we can bank our points into following year.

Did you book park tickets with insurance? We booked through attractiontickets and they over an insurance where you pay a little extra but can cancel them for a refund for whatever reason.
Aren’t park tickets refundable if booked through Disney?
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We too are booked for 5th April,I'm a lot less confident of travel than when I booked it back in June,but hanging on for now.Have August booked too,am hoping one will happen!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

Don't stress about it guys, the way things are looking next April will hopefully be a lot better than what we are seeing now, especially once these vaccines start flying out.

We might still have to wear masks out and about, but from the videos I've seen, it still looks like a good time to go out round the parks, it's even less packed than I'm used to.

Luckily I'm able to pull the plug up to the 14th feb for my money back if things are still awful (exception to the flights, then it's virgin credit). Feeling better about it now than I was last week, especially with all these vaccines that are starting to show huge promise.

Here's to hoping.

Edited at 04:17 PM.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

It's so hard, I'm weeks older than the Magic Kingdom, and was looking forward to a biggie next year. We don't have anything booked so are fortunate in the sense that we currently have no faffing moving anything, but we suspect that as soon as it looks genuinely positive the prices will rocket. I too am hoping that mid January (when any Christmas bump is evident) is when we will know what's going on.
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Actually i'm not even sure if we can move our flights - i should double check this. When they cancelled our April ones they only gave us the option of a travel voucher or to just switch. The tickets were booked through travel republic I think. I believe we can get 80% back. I'm not too bothered about wearing masks and parades being off. Not sure how I feel about no fireworks though. We should be going again in April 2022 so I will happily go in 2021 with some restrictions. Just feels hopeless with the borders shut but I know that the decision to reopen borders could be made pretty much overnight. Just not letting myself get excited so it's kind of ruining the build up - on the plus side im already packed - couldn't bring myself to unpack when it got cancelled so I just put the packed cases away in the attic!
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024

Edited at 06:22 PM.
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I gave in and moved mine from end of April to September now.
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List