Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Nov 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
1985Hay
New Poster (2)

First timer to Orlando!

Hi all
I am looking at booking a holiday to Florida for 2022! We currently have an All Inclusive holiday booked with TUI for August 2021 but have decided we would like to try and amend to put the money towards florida the year after.
I am pretty clueless so will be doing lots of research!
I have got a quote for Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa, 16 August 2022 for 14 nights, transfers, flights, hotel, 2 adults, 3 children aged 11, 9 and 6 = £6300. Does this price sound ok? I literally have no clue as I have never even had a quote in the past, just not sure whether to go ahead or hold fire?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!
1985Hay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

We have been 4 times, in the last five years. 2 adults and two older teenagers, so basically 4 adults. Stayed at one of the Rosin hotels on International drive each time.
Hotel, flights and transfers and the total costs for this has been between £1950 to £2500 on each holiday. That should give you a start to think about.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I guess that you must break down the price as £1270pp and remember that no APD is paid on the children, so round it up to around £1350 at adult rate. The question is whether you can beat it with DIY.

I can recommend LBV Village resort and Spa, having stayed there. The 3 bedroom apartments are much bigger than the 2 bedroom Ed once and have a whirlpool bath in the main bedroom. They are well equipped for self catering. Block 5 and a balcony view of the fireworks is sought after. There are nice, cool carparking slots under the blocks, which is a godsend.
The pool is excellent with a pirate ship, bar and stuff. Late afternoon, you lose the sun.

LBV is very well situated with a shopping mall next door and both a Walmart and Publix down the road. Access to the I4 and therefore the parks is good. They also do complimentary shuttle, but you will have to research where it goes.

We’re I to seek an offsite, hotel apartment, then I would most certainly stay there again.

WHAT WOULD I DO?

I always have a car and therefore I can be very flexible in booking. I know that I must pay cash for the flights at 11 months out.. but if you book it as a flydrive, you can pay in instalments.
1. I would price up your flights on Google flights in 2021, direct and from wherever you intend flying.
2. I would price up the LBV V resort and Spa with booking.com, ebookers etc. It can vary a lot.
3. I would price up a car. I use Holidaysupermarket as a start point.

The above research will give you an answer to your question.. then you add on tickets, then you add on food. then the carparking at the parks.

In addition, I have sent you a personal message.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:50 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Are Tui letting people amend August 2021 holidays yet for free? If not you need to factor in £50 per person change fee to start with. We’ve booked a fly drive with Tui in 2022 but only because we got a massive booking incentive from moving a holiday. Otherwise, Tui looked quite pricey. You could probably do it cheaper, however if it is your first visit you may prefer to pay a bit more for the reassurance of a package.
Old 24 Nov 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

You have only been given an estimate of flight prices in your quote. So I would price it all up DIY using next years prices and see how they differ before making any change with TUI.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

It doesn't seem like a particularly good price, as after deducting an estimate for accommodation costs, you are at nearly £1k per person for flights.

The trouble is you are pricing up too soon. The flights have not been released yet and some resorts wont have set prices into 2022 yet. Essentially you have been given a price that your travel agent hopes they can achieve next year, no doubt they have built in a comfortable buffer so that they can.

I would wait until either you need to pay the balance on your 2021 booking or until September 2021 and then look again.

Have you looked into many other options and in particular thought about onsite vs offsite? You mention transfers so I am wondering if you are not planning to hire a car. I believe with Uber / Lyft it is now easier to stay offsite without a car, but in the past the view has often been that a car is a requirement for offsite stays.

Edited at 12:05 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
1985Hay
New Poster (2)

Thank you so much for your messages, they have been really helpful and show I definitely need to put some more thought and research into this. I'm going to hold fire and look into it more as I don't want to end up wishing we had done things differently. Thank you again for all your help and replies!
1985Hay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1985Hay View Post
Thank you so much for your messages, they have been really helpful and show I definitely need to put some more thought and research into this. I'm going to hold fire and look into it more as I don't want to end up wishing we had done things differently. Thank you again for all your help and replies!
Dont forget to factor in ticket costs into your budget. I have just booked for next year 2A 1C. Disney tickets & Discovery Cove inc Sea World, Busch Gardens water park. Approx £2k
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

In 2022 I think Tui are flying into Melbourne airport not Sanford, which is a lot further away from Orlando. You would definitely need a car to get to Orlando.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

I would definitely hold fire for now. There is a lot of information on here about pricing etc but if nothing else, try and price up the same dates for 2021 and see how this compares to give yourself a rough budget.

You might also find special offers - from Disney or others - that give you different options for 2022.

As said above, TUI are changing their Florida base to Melbourne which will add a fair amount to your travel time. Unless there is great benefit to you in flying from a regional airport, chances are that you will get a better deal with BA or Virgin for a scheduled flight into Orlando.

Just one other word of caution - you will start to get obsessed with the planning but it is a good thing as as this is a holiday where you need a certain amount of organisation!
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List