Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Nov 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

aa via philly

hi peeps is 1 hour 55 mins enough time to clear customs in philly also as booking through ba how do we prebook seats on aa

thanks
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

It is enough if everything runs perfectly. Personally we look for a 4 hour connection and it is such a pain and a load of stress if you miss your connection.
But everyone is different.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MatJohnson
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm on that route in August and I've gone for the longer wait. Outbound it can be busy there plus it's a chance to grab some food before a late arrival and take in the rocking chairs in the terminal
MatJohnson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

what about booking seats
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
what about booking seats
We've booked the 1hr55m connection. Most of the time I've read it's enough time and don't really want to be landing any later at MCO than we are. I'll take the risk.

We've been able to book seats for free. You have to pay to book the better seats with extra space or those near the front of the plane though. I think the price varies but on the transatlantic leg regular seats but nearer the exit were $84pp each way. I just booked the free seats as far forward as I could.

ETA: Forgot to say you can pick seats through manage your booking on BA or via the AA app
shelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
hi peeps is 1 hour 55 mins enough time to clear customs in philly also as booking through ba how do we prebook seats on aa

thanks
Easy airport
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lynseymoll
Excited about Disney

We did this last year from Edinburgh and found the connection needs a decent amount of time.
We had 2 hours & only caught our connecting flight by a whisker! The plane was nearly fully boarded by the time we got to the gate - and we ran!
Didn’t have time to stop for a toilet break or drink or anything!
Immigration was long then going back through security was even longer.
It was really stressful & I would personally want longer if we did it again.
Old 27 Nov 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
if you miss your connection they will put you on the next available flight ... but I would not want a tight connection coming home if there is only one flight a day iykwim

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If the plane is delayed they will hopefully put you on the next ones.
Good news is Philly is the best airport to connect through and quick so if it’s on time should be fine.
Old 27 Nov 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We had our fastest ever connection through Philli. Was less than 20 minutes from leaving the plane to getting to the next gate. Then we went back to the food area for a Wendy's. On the way home it was even faster as the gate we needed was right next door to where we arrived! Plenty of time to get the last frozen dunkaccino!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List