Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by flossycandy View Post

However, I can't get it out of my head that we have paid for something that we aren't getting and it just doesn't sit right with me. I guess it's the not knowing exactly what the set is going to be.
We have the exact same countdown - which all of a sudden feels way too close, now that we don't have information or a solution for any of this lol!

I booked direct with Disney but have got NOWHERE with them, not with information or anything else. It's a trip for my Dad and I and speaking to him on the phone he was reassuring me that we'll have a great time, and I know we will, but like you, it's the feeling that I'm not getting what I booked or paid for that's ruffling me.

Speaking to Disney CMs, not one of them has even acknowledged that this will be an inconvenience and I don't think that's okay. They've tried to tell me that it's actually BETTER because the truck/food stations things will allow us to refill our mugs in the village we're staying in, and I've had CMs try to convince me that I'm lucky to have the opportunity to pay to move to POFQ. It just doesn't seem like Disney to me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

I am really confused about what to do or even what I should be doing.

We fly out in less than ten weeks. We booked with VH and have had no email warning about the works. I have tried a dummy booking for our dates and it is showing no values or moderates. There is no way on earth that we will be paying to upgrade to a deluxe...we just can't do it.

On one hand I'm thinking that we have upgraded our dining so we have got Adrs for most evenings so how much the food court not being there will actually effect us I'm not really sure as it sounds like there will be food options. It sounds like the resort will be quiet and I would rather be in a quieter resort than one that is rammed.

However, I can't get it out of my head that we have paid for something that we aren't getting and it just doesn't sit right with me. I guess it's the not knowing exactly what the set is going to be.

I guess I can't do anything until I hear from Virgin anyway. Part of me hopes that I don't then I can act all shocked and upset when we check in!
This is exactly how I'm feeling right now. We booked with Thomson and have not heard a thing from them or had the email from Disney and we fly in 19 May. We have ADR's booked most nights, however we've been before and booked CBR again knowing that we could all sit as a family in the food hall if we wanted to, pop to the shop if we forgot something in the parks, have a drink at the bar whilst the kids watch movies under the stars, go to the arcade on a rainy day, get some beers in from the shop to go with our take away pizza, however all of this is not available now. These facilities have been now taken from us and if I'd known this, I would not have booked again. I feel robbed. And now nervous about my holiday, which I should be looking forward to

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

I am really confused about what to do or even what I should be doing.

We fly out in less than ten weeks. We booked with VH and have had no email warning about the works. I have tried a dummy booking for our dates and it is showing no values or moderates. There is no way on earth that we will be paying to upgrade to a deluxe...we just can't do it.

On one hand I'm thinking that we have upgraded our dining so we have got Adrs for most evenings so how much the food court not being there will actually effect us I'm not really sure as it sounds like there will be food options. It sounds like the resort will be quiet and I would rather be in a quieter resort than one that is rammed.

I guess I can't do anything until I hear from Virgin anyway. Part of me hopes that I don't then I can act all shocked and upset when we check in!
My Advice.

The consumer laws and abtas code of conduct in the UK state that your tour operator must tell you about this as soon as possible.

They must offer you alternative accommodation if that's what you want (at whos cost initially is unclear) or the chance to cancel your booking without penalty. Or you can choose to stay with the original booking as planned.

What is clear is that there are several avenues to claim back money after the event. Look back at page 2 of this thread for all the details and links.

I personally would note when this was announced - in the CSR announcement - wait and see when VH contact you about it. If that's a considerable delay you will get compensation from VH. Separately from the other grounds on page 2.

Then go to cbr if its truly awful that's the time to make a scene and be moved or accept onsite comp - or if its so bad you can more or less claim back near all of the costs of the holiday.

Again I'm prattling on about Compo and Money - but that's our system these days, to claim claim claim if something is not right - again its not people claiming its what the system tells you to do. See page 2...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
Oh no! Simon sent me this:

The bit in red says 1st May! Why so much confusion lol. I thought we were in the clear!
The Disney site now mentions the refurbishment for my stay, which didn't say this morning so all the rumours are confirmed
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
The Disney site now mentions the refurbishment for my stay, which didn't say this morning so all the rumours are confirmed
I know. The confusion is the site says May 1st... other sites say April 27th! Wonder were the 27th came from?
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Just off the phone after a 20 min wait.
Have moved.
I was offered a transfer to POR or POFQ for €30 (standard room) or pay €155 for a preferred room.

We transferred to POR (i haven't stayed there before) stayed at PFQ years ago when my ds was little.

For the sake of 'peace of mind', it's worth the small additional amount to us.
we were only booked at cbr for 5 nights-thank goodness

i can rest easy now and hopefully enjoy my holiday.

for those of you that are 'stuck', consider a 'split stay' (2 accommodations) or cancelling and re-booking 'off-site' (lake buena vista hotel plaza boulevard is really close to disney springs and these hotels (and suites) have their own buses to disney parks). . Or wait for the usa disney package details (sometimes with good room discounts and tickets)or renti dvc points and buy 14 day ults now as they are currently reduced to €355 (not sure what that is in sterling).

Just some options

Hope you all get sorted

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 06:52 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

Doesn't anyone have the email to hand for Disney to send my complaint please?
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Grumpy&Happy View Post
Doesn't anyone have the email to hand for Disney to send my complaint please?
disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy&Happy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by klang_kat View Post
Thank you
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Grumpy&Happy View Post
Thank you
Oh, also, for the record, I've confirmed on the phone a couple of times that this is the best address. I wasn't sure if there was more of a specific feeback/complaints address but I was always advised that if I send it to a central address, as soon as they see it's a UK booking they'd just bounce it to this address anyway.
Closed Thread