Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Apr 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Question BOG breakfast pre-order "can't split check" help with QSDP credits..

Hello everyone,

So my Dad and I are soon visiting WDW and I went online to pre-order for our BOG breakfast tonight and it came up with a notice saying that when pre-ordering, you can't have the check split.

So my Dad and I are staying in two different rooms (but both managed solely on my MDE account, so I can't make two separate ADRs), so our QSDP credits aren't pooled. Obviously, the common sense answer is that one of us would use credits for both meals here, and then the other does it at the next meal, right?

I believe that Disney used to make it so you could only redeem credits less than or equal to the number of people in your room at any one time - meaning me (staying alone in my room) couldn't charge 2 QSDP credits at once. However, I thought I had read that that has now changed and so we could just do the "common sense" approach here. Now that I'm looking for it though I cannot find any information regarding this one way or another. Can anyone shed some light?
Can I just pay for both our meals using my credits?

I know we could just not pre-order, but I've heard some grim stories about lines in the morning to order and if at all possible I'd rather pre-order to speed things along.

Thanks in advance for any help
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 04:08 AM  
Link to this Post

If the system lets you pre order why not just do that and worry about how it is charged at the time. They are going to have to either split the bill or let one of you pay with two credits as there is no third option.
Old 6 Apr 17, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I can't see why they would not let you use 2 QS credits to pay? Surely they don't care if one person wanted to buy two meals?
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It doesn't really matter surely as you pay after you've checked in for your booking? You speak to an actual person who should be able to sort it however Disney did recently change the rules to say you could use your credits for someone not on dining plan.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

I hadn't actually thought of this .. I've booked for 7 people as there is our room of 4 and another room of 3 on a different booking .. hmmm
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
If the system lets you pre order why not just do that and worry about how it is charged at the time. They are going to have to either split the bill or let one of you pay with two credits as there is no third option.
Well the third option is that they don't spilt the check (which all reports say they won't), and they don't let one person use 2 credits, so they take one credit and charge to the room for the other meal - which, while clearly not the end of the world, would be annoying as we have loads of spare QS credits this trip, so it would be frustrating to pay cash instead!

They can only process one MB at BOG when you've pre ordered, apparently, so they can do a mix of charge/credits on that one account, but they won't/can't scan a second MB. Seems like an odd system, but there we go, it's Disney.

Edited at 09:41 AM.
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It doesn't really matter surely as you pay after you've checked in for your booking? You speak to an actual person who should be able to sort it however Disney did recently change the rules to say you could use your credits for someone not on dining plan.
Looking on other forums, there are many reports from people saying that the cashier you see on the day will/can only take payment from one source - so one Magic Band (if you've pre-ordered. I think this may be a newish thing also, reports seem to indicate Aug 2016 or so).

Glad to hear I wasn't going mad though and Disney did change those rules - I knew I'd read it somewhere lol! Thank you, it should all be fine then.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I can't see why they would not let you use 2 QS credits to pay? Surely they don't care if one person wanted to buy two meals?
Up until I think this year, Disney had it as written policy that you couldn't use your credits to buy a meal for someone not on your DDP plan - which, technically, would apply to my Dad in this case because he's not on the room's DDP that I'm paying with. I have no idea what would happen if you went up alone and ordered two meals - like you said, you could just be hungry! But because BOG is on MDE they can see there are two people on the reservation and in the past, using my credits to pay for someone else's meal would have been a breach of policy, but, someone has confirmed what I thought, which is that they changed this rule, so we should be fine now, phew!

Edited at 09:48 AM.