Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Sep 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

You could try Wolfgang puck for breakfast which is a quick service but sit down. I think they do pancakes and waffles etc
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You should be able to get pancakes and waffles in most of the hotels quick service restaurants
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We only struggle (a little bit) if we’re spending a lot of time off site at universal and seaworld etc like this year. If we’re just doing Disney the credits get used easily, we all like 3 meals a day and don’t do eating brought from home food in the room (you can buy snack items in the food court using a credit if you want something light/quick).

I don’t see how it’s a problem to have a qs breakfast, a snack for lunch (or the other way round) and a qs or sit down dinner it’s hardly loads of food. We never share meals because we never need to conserve credits and usually all want something different anyway.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Deano31 View Post
Cant stand ghiradelli's so that's not an option.

Me and my partner like American pancakes . If any one knows anywhere we can get them onsite for a qs credit we would probably do that
Don’t know where you’re staying but every Disney resort we’ve stayed at does American pancakes and waffles.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano31
Proud to wear my Ears

Were staying at port Orleans riverside.

Most resorts don't start breakfast until 6:30 if we have breakfast we are up and out before that. Ihop being 24hrs helps

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Deano31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Deano31 View Post
Were staying at port Orleans riverside.

Most resorts don't start breakfast until 6:30 if we have breakfast we are up and out before that. Ihop being 24hrs helps
If you’re eating breakfast before 6.30am (gosh what time do you get up?) then you might find you are hungry by lunchtime and will want to use your QS meals then. You can use your snacks for drinks or ice creams.
Even if you get to your resort restaurant at 6.30am you should still easily be in the park by opening.
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I find it hard to understand how people dont use all their credits.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. So on average, dinner with a sit down credit which leaves breakfast or lunch with a quick service credit. 2 snacks per day isnt much either.

Why book the 'free' dining offer if you struggle to use all the credits. Why not book one of the many other offers thoughout the year? Unless you know you will get the best use out of your credits, it can work out cheaper not to get 'free' dining, i.e the free night offer or 15/20% off offer.
The answer for us is that we really like table service so we tend to do more of those than credits (but not enough to justify DxDP) and we also do a lot of Epcot snack meals during the festivals. With a few exceptions (flame tree bbq, satu’li), we’re not massive QS fans so normally end up converting them to snacks.

FWIW we do the maths on the DDP based on table service value only (ie given we want to eat at these restaurants, what are we saving vs room only discount).
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Because we’re going to be spending some time off site (Seaworld, Volcano Bay) what we’ve decided to do is book quite a few 2 credit restaurants for our 13 night stay. It’ll be great to try those out and also it’ll give us some days without a sit down meal so we’ll just do a couple of QS meals (probably breakfast before we head out and dinner when we get back) and use some snack credits if we’re still hungry. I’m looking forward to a few days without TS meals to be honest and this seemed s good alternative to us without losing the TS credits. Can’t wait to try Le Cellier, Hoop De Doo, Hollywood Brown Derby and Tiffins this time 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

We are on the QSDP at the moment (free) and are also eating offsite.

We like to get out of the Disney bubble and try new things as well as old favourites.

I’m completing a live report at present (link in my signature), so you can follow along it you wish.

So far are aren’t falling too far behind with credits, on track with snack credits and 4 behind on quick service credits, but I think we will make these up at the food and wine festival tomorrow and later in the week.

We also have a cruise to follow the 10 nights at Disney so don’t want to be taking lots of candy with us.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
asapaj
Trainee Dibber

We don’t have that much experience but we really struggled with snack credits. We had quite a few left over.
asapaj is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List