Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Feb 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
We booked for November this year in Dec 2020 so for the politicians to say don't book, well thats too late for us. Can't move to next year as we were hoping to do Star Wars Celebration if it goes ahead so can't have two weeks Disney, hop to California to do convention and Disneyland as we wouldn't have the funds or the ability to be off for that long

Happy to wear masks and distance ourselves, even tests for peace of mind but we can't do two weeks in a hotel, i'd rather we drive ourselves to the airport, leave the car, drive back and stay in out house quarantining so we can still work. If it means someone rings daily to check on us, thats fine.
Star Wars Celebration is AWESOME!
Old 12 Feb 21, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I don’t understand why your asking a question that no one can give you a definitive answer to, yes we can all hope that by then we can travel I too have a trip for sept booked but if I don’t get - florida isn’t going anywhere and one day we will get back I will happily pay for tests to get me there and back and happy to wear masks, there’s areas in the park where you can take them off so it’s not gonna be that bad
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 21, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Keir Starmer is booking a summer holiday to Devon apparently!

I'm still hopeful for my June trip as we are doing well with the vaccinations and so are the USA.
The different strains will be around for years to come so on that basis we will not be travelling for years.
Then we would,don't be able to travel as no pilots or planes fit to fly apart from mega expensive flights.
Old 12 Feb 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
plastic orange
Very Serious Dibber

We're booked up for 3 weeks from September 29th, but booked and paid for flights back in November 2019, plus Villa deposit. I'm not convinced it will happen but hope to get flights refunded like last year if not, otherwise it will be a big hit (6 going). I'll never book far in advance again.

Pete
Old 12 Feb 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by plastic orange View Post
We're booked up for 3 weeks from September 29th, but booked and paid for flights back in November 2019, plus Villa deposit. I'm not convinced it will happen but hope to get flights refunded like last year if not, otherwise it will be a big hit (6 going). I'll never book far in advance again.

Pete
Same here, will always book last minute from now on. Have been stuck with Virgin flights from last year, changed twice already. Would rather have the money back.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m trying to remain hopeful that we will be flying out on August 22nd. Infection rates are coming down here and in the US which will eventually have an impact on the death rate. For the sake of airlines and hospitality I’m hoping it’s this summer (Without quarantine of course). Trying to find a positive every day. My friend is a crew member for BA long haul. She has been furloughed for months and yesterday was back doing training 🙏🌈
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

I’m booked for 4th september for 2.5 weeks and i am perfectly happy to pay for tests there and back again and wear a mask...

I’m not happy to shell out £1000 like i did last year to staycation... i’m bored of the UK i’ve been stuck in it for nearly 2 years without a holiday now 🙄
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I’m sorry to say that I personally think anything from UK to USA for ‘everyday families’ before December is unlikely. 😔
This is without quarantine and testing, if people have the money/time to isolate where the Government decide (both ways- here and USA) then I think earlier travel will happen.

Edited at 12:34 PM.
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I won’t be angry if my September trip is cancelled, as I am already prepared for that possibility and I booked it knowing it could be cancelled. I would say we are less than 20% confident it will go ahead.

I don’t find test unacceptable, I have assumed it will be required, but I realise that it would be a huge expense for some. I think I am ok with mask wearing, the quarantine in a hotel would be my deal breaker.
I’m the same but we’ve dropped parks from our plans , not so much because of the masks themselves but the general reduction in normal experience.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I’m sorry to say that I personally think anything from UK to USA for ‘everyday families’ before December is unlikely. 😔
This is without quarantine and testing, if people have the money/time to isolate where the Government decide (both ways- here and USA) then I think earlier travel will happen.
I agree. The leaks around this roadmap out of lockdown indicate we are looking at July before we can even get our country open properly. The need to quarantine will be in place well after that I think and with the news about variants combining today I’m starting to think this is going to drag on for a lot longer than anybody wants.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List