Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Mar 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
rnewman1
Earning More Ears

Budget offer advance check in (well two hours...)

Just had this through from BA...

Dear Customer,​

Thank you for booking your forthcoming trip with British Airways Holidays.​​​​

As part of our commitment to customer service, we like to ensure that our customers are made aware of any relevant information prior to travel. ​​

Budget has recently introduced an optional 'Digital Check-in' service which allows drivers to check-in online up to two hours before their chosen collection time. This service, which is free of charge, is designed to help customers get on their way quickly and safely, reducing time at the rental location. Alternatively, check-in at the depot continues to be available as normal.​​

To take advantage of this service, we will be sharing the email address you supplied at time of booking with Budget, the supplier of your car hire, so that they can invite you to check-in online.
rnewman1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
rnewman1
Earning More Ears

Could be in handy when waiting for your cases.
rnewman1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rnewman1 View Post
I don't think that you are allowed to use electronics while you are next to immigration. I would be happy to use it at the main part of the airport to avoid the queue at the desk.
Old 29 Mar 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I got this email too. I’ll do it on the plane maybe whilst waiting to get off.
Old 29 Mar 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rnewman1 View Post
I don't think that you are allowed to use a mobile while you are next to immigration maybe this rule extends to ipads because you can take photographs with them . I would be happy to use online checkin at the main part of the airport to avoid the queue at the desk.
Old 29 Mar 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
It says up to 2 hrs before, when can you start 🤔

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

I think you can check in online at any point before you arrive but not any later than 2 hours before you are due to collect. I've logged into my booking for July and it's looking like it'd let me check in now.
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh I must have misread it. I thought the email said up to 2 hours before like check in for a flight meaning it can't be done within 2 hours of collection?

ETA from the Avis website:

So looks like you can complete anytime from check in until 2 hours before collection. 👍

Edited at 07:18 PM.
shelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Can someone post the link to the check in page please. Just want to test it out... I've gone via budget/budget-digital-check-in and checked in a test booking but looks like you still need to visit the rental desk to sign the RA, show your card and driving licence and obtain the keys... That is unless Budget now have a seperate desk dedicated to just online check in customers or handle this at the exit barrier like Alamo. I've not heard of or seen anything about those so think it'll still mean a trip to the rental desk unfortunately.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Wetpanda
Helping Donald

Just had a look at that page and it looks like you get to do a ‘lite check out’ at the key collection desk.

“ When you’ve reached the Budget rental location, look for the signage that directs you to the key collection point. Here, you’ll need to share a couple of forms of identification with us, so we can check your details match, and you are who you say you are. Make sure you have your driving licence, a payment card, and one other form of ID with you (a passport or ID card are fine).”
Wetpanda is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List