Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Yes 2022 for us.
Masks, fireworks & fastpass!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pezzermist View Post
People rearranging for 2022 are the sensible ones.
It’s all opinion.
Next year is an anniversary year so even without the “catch ups” it’s going to be extra busy.
I think a lot of people will decide that without fast passes and free dining Disney isn’t the must it once was when visiting Florida and we will see a lot more alternating between stays . One trip Disney the next the I Drive parks , especially those with older kids.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

We first went to Florida in 2017 then yearly. We were booked for last year which was obviously cancelled so we got a new bathroom instead🙄.
We thought we’d go “safe” for this year so we booked for Barbados in July, but our flight got cancelled for that, so we just took the refund. We’re not doing anything this year and hopefully go to Florida next summer, providing we don’t have to wear mask etc.
Not booked anything yet but hoping we will know a bit more about how things are looking by the time I go to book flights.
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We’re currently booked for end of October but looking to push back to start of February 2022

Masks, fireworks, FP just the general lacking of the “full disney experience” has put us off a little and February has turned out to be £1600 cheaper with better flights so it’s not all bad!
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Pezzermist View Post
People rearranging for 2022 are the sensible ones.
Lol you live up to your name don’t you

It’s not just about being ‘sensible’. It depends a lot on circumstances too. Some people have lost income, some people are first timers, some people love character greets etc. Personally speaking I consider myself very sensible. But... I work part time for the nhs but funnily enough for the last year I have been working overtime every single month so my income has increased. Also we as a family have been to Florida almost every year since my eldest was 6 so we don’t have the same need for the ‘full’ experience. And now my dds are 18 and 16 so we just pick and choose a few rides and they don’t want to hug any characters
So my circumstances are such that if I can, I will still go this year. Everybody is playing a different hand and it doesn’t mean one is right and one is wrong x
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

We were due to fly out next Tuesday so I guess you could say we were forced to but somewhat glad we are pushing it back another year.
Vaccines should be all dished out long before that and some sort of normality back.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Just took the plunge and decided to change our plans to April 2022...New longer countdown now 😥

Too many variables with our kids, especially the 2 year old. Masks for the kids and the faff of testing mainly. I really hope those who choose to go get to go still this summer. For us we just felt it would be sensible to postpone
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Moved our Disney August booking to August 2022.

Our October 21 booking which is just a beach road trip at the mo is still on however, with testing masks etc I may well just put the money away for another time
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We are just in the process of moving to Aug 22 due to Disney putting a time limit on moving DVC points back to the year they came from / masks / not knowing at this point if the border would be open / and 50th celebrations
Old 20 Apr 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

our flights were cancelled by aer lingus

this weekend we cancelled hotels & car & now looking at 2022

the flights forced our hand but in reality its nearly May , only 4 months for UK/USA to sort out travel corridor, vaccination requirements, masive immigration Qs, testing pre reqs , will insurance cover a + test etc etc & still not knowing what will be open to who on what dates

too may what / ifs / buts for all that money spent

maybe get a last minute to spain/greece if things improve by August but not expecting to get anywhere soon in 2021 if at all

imo of course
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List