Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 May 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
VH Flydrive - picking up the car

Has anyone ever been able to change the day of pick up for a flydrive car and / or location of pick up?

Or is this strictly day of arrival and at airport.

Would like to have a drink or 2 with food on the plane so was wondering if there were any other possibilities...

Thanks in advance
Old 18 May 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mj1980
Trading Disney Pins

Good question, I was thinking about this for my visit in December. If they’re still having problems with a shortage of vehicles I was wondering if I can get an Uber from the airport to my villa then turn up early next morning and just wait for an available vehicle.
Mj1980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

You will have to read the T & Cs of whomever you booked with.
Old 19 May 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
The Chimes
New Poster (5)

Call VH. I’ve done this one previous trips and collected at Disney Car Care the day after arrival and returned to the airport when we leave. But you will have limited choice of vehicle this way.
The Chimes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
If you get your hire car with any of the main dealers then you can arrange to pick it up at various locations but there will be limited choices and you need to factor in the cost of Uber to get there or you could use 'Car on the Drive' who will deliver it to you. We once came down from New York by train to Kissimmee and had arranged to pick the car up from the local Avis depot, we had asked if they would deliver it to us at the train station for a fee but they wouldn't do it so my DH had looked on the map and said it was just up the road from the station, I could have cheerfully strangled him, we had 2 big suitcases and his golf clubs, it was mid day with the temperature in the 90's, there is not a taxi rank at the station so had no option but to walk from the station in Down Town Kissimmee to John Young Parkway, I really am surprised we are still together.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Thank you... I believe VH use Alamo?

I will speak with VH but also speaking with DFCH about pick-up from HRH (Avis).

On this has anyone booked the VH fly drive, left as basic car, basic insurance etc and just not picked up the car?
Old 20 May 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I dont think Car on the drive are still going, sadly.
Old 20 May 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I dont think Car on the drive are still going, sadly.
Correct. They went under so I understand.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you... I believe VH use Alamo?

I will speak with VH but also speaking with DFCH about pick-up from HRH (Avis).

On this has anyone booked the VH fly drive, left as basic car, basic insurance etc and just not picked up the car?
To answer your questions

Virgin use Alamo and they will tailor the car hire around you. So you could pick it up the next day or indeed whenever. Also at any Alamo location.

Loads have booked the 'free car' with no Insurance and not bothered to collect it.

Finally check out the prices for the 'free car' but then do a DIY stand alone car hire quote with them as that car comes fully Insured unlike the package deal one.

Edit. Have you checked BA? We are taking the young Grandson In February and have added a Standard SUV, with Avis, fully Insured on to the BA flights for a 10 day rental period for the grand total of under £100!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 08:50 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mj1980
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
To answer your questions

Virgin use Alamo and they will tailor the car hire around you. So you could pick it up the next day or indeed whenever. Also at any Alamo location.

Loads have booked the 'free car' with no Insurance and not bothered to collect it.

Finally check out the prices for the 'free car' but then do a DIY stand alone car hire quote with them as that car comes fully Insured unlike the package deal one.

Edit. Have you checked BA? We are taking the young Grandson In February and have added a Standard SUV, with Avis, fully Insured on to the BA flights for a 10 day rental period for the grand total of under £100!
Hi MR Tom, Do you know if we can change the pick up date with BA, I’m worried if we’re landing at 7pm there might not be any vehicles left, I’m thinking of getting an Uber to the villa then heading back to the airport the next morning and just waiting as long as it takes for the right car.
Mj1980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List