Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 May 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Celebrity v P&O

Any advice on Celebrity Cruises, I’ve done P&O wondered what type of cruise Celebrity would be, ages, dress codes, fun or is it stuffy

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Celebrity is our go to cruise, it's not as formal as cunard but not as casual as some. Definitely not stuffy,but doesnt have all the fun stuff that RCCL or ncl or msc have, I would say average ages 40 to 70
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

We've done one celebrity cruise, from Singapore to Hong Kong. We were on the first cruise after a refurb, and it was lovely, really classy looking. Didn't find it stuffy at all. Loads to do, entertainment was really good, nice food. After Disney, it's probably been our favourite cruise line.

Not done P&O, but booked on one in July.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We love Celebrity- entertainment and food is great. I would say celebrity is classy, not stuffy at all, you can dress up but many dont and that's ok too. It was our daughters favourite cruise after a few doing Royal. Were booked P and O December and another Celebrity next July.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love Celebrity, definitely our favourite cruise line. Like others have said classy not stuffy. Service and food always fantastic, just can’t wait to get onboard again.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Have only taken one Celebrity Cruise which was a transatlantic cruise and thoroughly enjoyed sailing with them. Have also sailed on P&O a few times and would definitely confirm they are different but very enjoyable and as already been said not stuffy. The food, shows and activities were all very good. We also had 3 lecturers as it was a TA who were all very knowledgeable. When (and if) things return to normal will definitely sail with both lines again.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Celebrity are wonderful, not stuffy and just a little more than P&O. I wouldn’t hesitate booking a celebrity cruise if the dates, itinerary and price worked.

I say that as a die hard Princess cruiser, I also really enjoy P&O, but it took me a few cruises with them to feel like that.

My experience is Non British lines push everything at you, all they offer is laid out for you to see. With P&O it’s more reserved and you look for things, having discovered them one cruise you know to look for them the next
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Ok thanks all, I’m thinking of giving them a try 👍

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We love Celebrity cruises, the ships are so elegant and the food is excellent. If they have Murano on the ship you choose, be sure to try it. Our favourite ships are Reflection, and Silhouette. The lawn club grill is also a great dining experience.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List