Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Is this Aer Lingus issue just the ones that are flying via Dublin? We are booked with Aer Lingus direct to MCO from Manchester. Surely they will offer direct flights to those whose flights via Dublin are being cancelled?
Yes as it’s the Irish travel restrictions that are impacting on AL’s scheduling ex DUB. U.K. travelers should be able to move to MAN as at the moment they are more likely to be going this summer. However as most AL travellers out of Dublin will be Irish they (at this moment) will be unlikely to accept a move to MAN until they know more about when the CTA will be restored on their side.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lea1992
Trading Disney Pins

Is this Aer Lingus issue just the ones that are flying via Dublin? We are booked with Aer Lingus direct to MCO from Manchester. Surely they will offer direct flights to those whose flights via Dublin are being cancelled?
Yes it seems to be the DUB - MCO leg that are being cancelled.

I am hoping they will just move us onto a direct flight I know there is one the day before which we are happy with.

My worry is some people are able to move and others aren't. I would just rather know, as if we are moving onto a different flight, we need to add 1 nights accommodation and move our airport hotel. I think I might try and ring again later and see if someone else says something different.
Lea1992 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
That and Irish people are not allowed out either and the leak is won’t be until late August.
😭 Im so jealous seeing other people travelling around and getting back to slight normality while we can't even sit outside for a drink yet!

We aren't going until March, for our second anniversary/honeymoon, and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if our trip was cancelled because of the travel restrictions here.

Edited at 12:45 PM.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Well, they did with me as per my post above, but again, it seems to depend on the lottery of who you get through to on the phone.
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

The direct man -mco doesn't start until 9 days after we go unfortunately.

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Very Serious Dibber

I don't get the inconsistency. Advice/options should be the same from every agent.

Had the same problem with Virgin last year. One agent would do nothing with our booking. I rang back immediately and a different agent gave options. No wonder people get annoyed and frustrated.
Optimist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Just posted this on other AL thread.

Not Florida for us but booked AL from LHR to Washington DC via Dublin in August. Just to add more confusion it's booked with Last Minute.

Our log in on AL site shows our flights, but you can't book any flights over the next few months on our route on their site. Flights direct from Dublin to IAD can be booked.

I spoke to Last Minute a few weeks ago who told me the flight hasn't been cancelled, but I'm not sure I trust that as
I think they're just reading off their screen.

I've sent a contact form to AL asking if the flights are cancelled. Hopefully I'll get a helpful response. Obviously if cancelled then I can look at alternatives with hopefully a full refund from Last Minute.

If not cancelled but doubtful I do have the flex insurance with LM where you can get 90% of value on a voucher.

There are some flights with Icelandair that look good, but don't want to end up in same uncertainty.

This is another confusing dimension to add to the other questions of traffic light colour, yes or no from the USA, younger people being allowed into US without full vaccination and costs of tests.

Old 23 May 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

I ran aerlingus earlier to enquire about my august flights edi-dub-mco and was told they are still scheduled to fly🤷. I explained about other people being told different etc and she told me to wait until I receive my email confirming the cancellation then contact them and I can get a full refund, make of that what you will but to me it sounds like they are being cancelled but I need an email to get a refund instead of a voucher or change of dates. I’m so confused🤦🏼. I think I might book Ba package as back up.
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by and306 View Post
I ran aerlingus earlier to enquire about my august flights edi-dub-mco and was told they are still scheduled to fly🤷. I explained about other people being told different etc and she told me to wait until I receive my email confirming the cancellation then contact them and I can get a full refund, make of that what you will but to me it sounds like they are being cancelled but I need an email to get a refund instead of a voucher or change of dates. I’m so confused🤦🏼. I think I might book Ba package as back up.
Much the same as I was told for our late August flights. If they cancel I think we will just get a refund and book for late November with BA.
Optimist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

HI , having read all of this thread so far, it reminds me of exactly the types of difficulty many of us had (inc me) with aer lingus last year.

I am in Ireland & always travel with them. I prefer the 2x2 seating. Although more expensive than United, I need the extra room and privacy!

To put things in perspective, many of us were told last year, that flights were going ahead to MCO from Dublin or were scheduled or hadn't been cancelled, when the reality was that they were only operating a skeleton service from Dublin to the USA. Flights only to Boston, JFK and Chicago.

Because I didn't wait for the email cancellation, I took the voucher, even though they didnt CANCEL the flight at that point, they were only operating to those 3 airports, so knew the flights weren't going ahead to MCO.

When looking at the arrivals and departures for AL, for the WHOLE YEAR last year AND THIS YEAR SO FAR, they are still only flying to the same 3 airports in the USA.

dublinairport/flight...ive-departures

If anyone has booked a direct or indirect flight with AL via dublin or shannon this summer, I'd strongly advise you to check out different routes.
Theres no way they are going ahead.
The Irish govt has only recently allowed travel between counties. We've only just opened up non essential shops. Our bars and restaurants remain closed except for ltd outside dining and takeaways.

They are still trying to decide on EU travel so chances of allowing international travel to USA for this summer is remote.

Theres still a travel ban into the USA for non US citizens.

As a previous Dibber said, make a plan B.

I''m sorry if i've burst someones bubble. I too have suffered as I've had to cancel 3 trips so far and am trying tore arrange for summer 2022.

As an aside, United are flying to Newark from Dublin and American Airlines are operating to Philadelphia from Dublin but it seems only on certain days.

Oh and to add, the dibber whose flights for 3 bookings were cancelled, you DONT have to pay extra for the direct flightsthey have arranged as under aviation law, they have to arrange suitable comparable or better flights or a refund.if inferior flights offered (eg long layover) you can insist on hotel night, transfers to and from airport and even airport lounge!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 06:05 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List