Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Syjen
Very Serious Dibber

Where's our excitement? !

When we bit the bullet and booked for our last trip to WDW the whole family were instantly elated and buzzing after a run of a few bad months. We've just gone and booked for next March after let's be honest a pretty horrendous year or so for all, and yet we all feel numb.
None of us mentioned it, it until it was apparent we weren't lifted by the booking, but we don't know why!
Personally, I'm thinking that if 2020 taught us anything, it's we don't know what the future holds, and although March 2022 is still some time off, we don't know how a trip to WDW will look like and whether what we've loved and has made previous holidays will still be available to us.
Fastpasses, park hopping, character meals, not having to worry about distancing in crowded spaces etc...
Anybody else experiencing this?
Syjen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Very much. We have been doing research for our rescheduled for the 3rd time mega trip Canada/Seattle/Portland/California/Florida/NYC, 24 nights. You would think we'd be buzzing with anticipation despite the long countdown but nope we are just numb and have about as much excitement at the moment when we look at airline websites as we have logging into the bank to pay a bill! It is, as you say, the not knowing. I think/hope that when the borders open and when all the talk of further lockdowns goes away that we will start to feel like it's really happening and the excitement will come back but at the moment when we can't even go out for a meal or a drink (we're in Ireland) the holiday feels a long long way off.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’ve been the same recently. We lost our 2020 first family WDW holiday and our 2021 first Disney Bahamas cruise (both booked pre-covid), but we now have two more cruises booked. We’ve told the children about the 2022 Bahamas cruise, about a year in advance when it seemed plenty of time for it to happen. Now I’m just not confident enough to get excited and I’m not sure we should have told the children.
Our other cruise is a UK Disney staycation, and we’re not telling the children until we arrive at the port. Even at that point, I wish there was a way we could keep it secret until after the testing, when we know we’ll definitely be going.
When our first holiday was cancelled, I just thought we’d soon be rebooking and getting excited again. I hadn’t realised the way this would all affect the way we look forward to things - the fact that there will always be that shadow of doubt, wondering if it will actually happen.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Yes, we feel the same. It’s the unknown and anticipation as to whether it is going to be the holiday we always love or not. We’ve only booked a flydrive and paid a deposit on that as can’t bring myself to book anything else yet. Really holding back on Disney as it’s just not the same offering and an awful lot of money. Hoping we get some clarity soon on fastpasses at least so we can make a decision. Also not impressed with the hotel offerings at Disney and hoping they release more before the offer ends.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked for march too. Im super excited to have booked but also worried it won't happen, especially with Ireland's restrictions dragging out so much longer than other countries, and have another holiday cancelled.

Our dream trip to Canada and Alaska for our honeymoon in 2020 was obviously cancelled and probably won't feel comfortable going on a cruise for a long time so don't know when that will happen.

Our Disney trip is a very expensive mini-moon until we decide what to do for our honeymoon 😂 We will be going on our second wedding anniversary so hopefully it can go ahead! 🤞
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've got October 2021 & April 2022 booked currently and we're going ahead planning it as if it was normal! With the last year having been so awful for everyone we all need something to look forward to and these holidays are an escape for us, even the planning helps you to think about something else!

I think no matter the changes when we get there we will no doubt have an absolute blast and be so grateful that we're even there! We would love FP's, Parades, Fireworks, After Hours Events (I know Boo Bash is happening) and more to be back but I think even without those it won't kill our vibe of planning

We're 142 days out from October today and 311 Days out from April and I think even if October doesn't happen then yes I'll be sad but then I can get excited about the next trip and the trip after that. If this year of lockdown has taught me anything is that I need to see the positives in things and appreciate what we have instead of worrying about what we don't have

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

I can fully understand why people are feeling apprehensive instead of excited. For the past year and then some we've had to cancel all plans and bookings and have seen glimmers of light appear and then disappear within moments.

Personally though, the excitement is coming back as we look at booking for next year after cancelling the past two years.
Provided the UK stays on track to getting our freedoms back on June 21st and the parks keep making progress towards normality and reducing social distancing measures, it's finally looking like we're on the final tunnel out of this pandemic towards glorious sunshine.

This time next year hopefully it will be like the old days of having endless streams of pretrip & holiday reports to read through and people posting itineraries for people to review. We could even be doing that in a matter of months if we keep making progress.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Zummerzet
Earning More Ears

Since our last trip with the kids, back in 2013, my wife and I have had several holidays without them (they're grown men now!) to the Caribbean, Israel, Cyprus (twice), and have had holidays to Corfu and Dubrovnik moved and ultimately cancelled. We've finally admitted to each other that what we really want is to go back to Florida, but to try it with just the two of us. We've booked, we have a countdown, and we're very excited about it. No numbness, no apprehension, just lots of excitement, and we're damn well going to plan!
2016 Sequoia Lodge DLP
2022 Hilton Bonnet Creek
Zummerzet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

We’re booked for August 2022 and I am as excited about this one as I was the first in 2003.
As mentioned, it’s very understandable that many feel apprehensive based on the last year or so, as well as the uncertainty of the next few months.
I’m feeling positive about 2022 and planning based on that positivity. It’s all steam ahead for me. 😀
Old 25 May 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazz
I want to go now!

We haven't even rebooked our cancelled holiday to DW yet (we were supposed to be there this year). With park reservation system, no fast passes, no early Park entry, no dining plan, no free parking, we're not even sure about staying on site. Or even doing Disney at all yet. Maybe a couple of nights in Universal Studios and seeing what else Florida has to offer. Maybe go back to Disney when the park reservation system ends. So glad we managed to go just before covid shut everything down!
Cazz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List