Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Our local chippy is pretty good, although quite expensive. We do sometimes travel over to Kingsbridge to get some from The Codfather, as they are wonderful. You can’t beat sitting on the bench or wall looking in to the creek in the sunshine, eating fish and chips.

Have to keep your eye on the feathered locals, who would love to share your chips with you!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

We have an excellent Chippy in Rawtenstall unfortunately they have been had by the might of Spar and Eurogarages who have bought the land and buildings its in and are chucking them out in favour of Greg's, Subway and Costa! I'd prefer the chippy.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
TrevJones
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
FT make sure you try the chippy on Lord Street in Liverpool when taking your DD to the Uni - it’s highly recommended by a colleague of mine who used to live nearby (and he’s very fond of his food). It’s right opposite Debenhams but can’t remember the name. Failing that, the lobster pot is decent.

Our local chippies on the Wirral are all decent but one is superb and regularly gets voted best chippy by the local scouts (they have a certificate on the wall). Haven’t been for ages due COVID and diet but it’s the best around. Rarely find better in other places but hoping St. Ives has some good ones because we won’t be dieting the week we are there
That one in Wirral isn't Pisces by any chance?
Old 5 Jun 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We go to a local one near us ran by an Icelandic couple, it is so so good.
The best fish with no grease. And hand cut chips.
I have become addicted to their dipping sauce which they tell me is served with them all the time back home. Now I am hungry.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Waiting at Anstruther Fish Bar now,queue a mile long,the place is heaving.😋😳
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Waiting at Anstruther Fish Bar now,queue a mile long,the place is heaving.😋😳
Our favourite! There's always a queue when we go but we usually eat inside without too long a wait. I'm so jealous you're there

We spent yesterday in Ynyslas so drove over to Aber for a chippy tea on the sea front. Was from the small one opposite the pier and really nice.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

For me, any chip shop who cooks in beef dripping is best , anything else is rubbish
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Never lets us down
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

My go to used to be Bizzie Lizzies in Skipton (by the canal, not the new one). Its years since I moved and I haven't found one as good yet (not from lack of trying), the nearest I've got is Bannys drive through, usually tasty and not too greasy but seem to come with a lot of "bits".
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

My father in law has been in the fish and chip business his whole life and won the UK fish and chip shop of the year in 2008 with one of his shops, Townhead cafe, in Biggar, although it has went down hill since he sold it many years ago. Having this in your family spoils you so you get to know the good places to eat. Many have already been mentioned on here but if you’re ever in Scotland some of the places my father in law always recommends are, in no particular order:

The fish works, Largs
Catch, Glasgow
The real food cafe, Tyndrum
Tailend, St Andrews
Cromars, St Andrews
The Bay, Stonehaven
The Anstruther fish bar
Fish market, Edinburgh
Cammywatson033 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List