Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jun 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

This makes me sick, but is not a rare occurrence im afraid ,i can understand your anger and your daughter for not wanting to travel alone again...My grand daughter is 16 and i would hate her traveling by train alone.
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

I understand your anger and I’m glad your daughter is ok. No man has the right to make a woman or girl feel uncomfortable and I’m so sorry that he put her in that position. I hope the police find him.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I would be concerned.

Firstly I don’t believe that the man has broken any laws so unless he has some order against him preventing him from talking to certain people the police can not do anything.
The police have said they will circulate the details for intelligence and also to cross reference with any similar reports, same with any CCTV footage. They have also said if he is spotted he will be spoken to.

We have advised DD of other things she could have done, but she did well with what she did do.

Both our girls have been told if anyone tries to grab them to shout and scream as loud as possible and if anyone demands they hand over their phone etc to just do it as objects can be replaced
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JillyEd
Excited about Disney

I can understand you being angry. Maybe he did mean no harm at first, but once your daughter asked him to stop, he should stop. He knew he was making her feel uncomfortable by her asking. Sounds like she handled it really well.
I am so glad she was ok and really hope she can overcome this. I hope the police find him.
JillyEd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well done to your DD. Sounds like she was cool under pressure.

Pic posted as I only heard about this, this morning.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I would be mad as hell too. It’s totally inappropriate to be engaging in any way with a young girl on a train like that. I hope your daughter gains her confidence back, but I’m sure you and your wife will be constantly worried now, but at least she’s safe x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklepants
slightly serious Dibber

sparklepants's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Your poor daughter, hope it’s not too long before she feels confident enough to travel by herself again. When I first started to work(17), I used to travel by bus. One night, I’d worked a bit later so was coming come outwith rush hour. I was in the bus with a few other people, all quite spread out and a man came on and sat beside me. (Lots of empty double seats available) He kept leaning into me and staring right at me (and making it obvious he was looking). I felt so uncomfortable and remember picking my my bag to cover my knees and at that, he put his hand across to hold onto the bar, as if blocking me from getting up. I was bloody terrified and remember looking around to suss out the other passengers to see who, if anybody would help me. He ended up getting off the stop before me but honestly leered as the bus went past. The next day I was terrified that he’d be on again but weirdly, my older male cousin was on the bus - never been so glad to see him. I told him what had happened and he ended up going on that for a few days, just incase (can only imagine what he would’ve done!) - never saw him again but it really shook me up and made me extra aware of who was round about me.
Old 13 Jun 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sorry for repeating previous posts! But, still helpful, says they stopped train to remove the person.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Wazza;15005461]The police have said they will circulate the details for intelligence and also to cross reference with any similar reports, same with any CCTV footage. They have also said if he is spotted he will be spoken to.

We have advised DD of other things she could have done, but she did well with what she did do.

Both our girls have been told if anyone tries to grab them to shout and scream as loud as possible and if anyone demands they hand over their phone etc to just do it as objects can be replaced[/QUOTE]

This is the best advice that can ever be given, I have instructed ladies who have held on to their bags when people have tried to grab them, I get them to empty the bags in class and ask what in there is worth an injury.

For an assault though fighing back is necessary not only because it increases your chances for getting away without harm but because if you are unsuccessful its easier mentally going forwards.

Shouting screaming making as much noise as possible and throwing arms around etc generally drawing attention is good but the one aim is to get away that is the most important thing putting distance between you and the threat. In most situations you should be able to create the distance without violence or shouting and screaming and this is when possible always the best option. Like I said she told him to stop talking to her he didn't she should then move if he follows its time to get help that is my advice. Cornish Frog Boy may be able to add to this.

As I said I can not see any law that has been broken.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
I work with adults with learning disabilities and the 1st thing that came to my mind was autism/aspergers or possibly a personality disorder. Especially as his questions were all around the badges. These people are socially awkward and don’t quite understand social boundaries. When I’m supporting my service users they can be inappropriate when out and this is when we as support workers step in. I don’t think the questions asked were totally inappropriate around badges and could be totally innocent. Don’t forget all of our brains aren’t wired the same way. It is so easy to jump to conclusions but no harm was really done apart from your daughter feeling uncomfortable which is not great but also no harm done physically.
I was about to post similar.
My adult son is autistic and can behave inappropriately when out and about at times. It’s very hard for him as he doesn’t understand.

I really do feel for you and your daughter OP and would feel the same, as you don’t know what this man’s intentions were, but I do feel sad that my son could also be judged this way when it would be completely innocent.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List