Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I can still see it - 143 comments!
I was just coming back to say I could now see it. I definitely couldn't when I last looked which is a bit random!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I was just coming back to say I could now see it. I definitely couldn't when I last looked which is a bit random!
I think it was probably hidden for a while to remove some comments!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I think it was probably hidden for a while to remove some comments!
Probably. I see all the admins are still very pro MSC - "oh, it wasn't their fault, they were only booking within the rules" etc etc.

I'm so glad I've already been on my MSC cruise and don't have the worry of this (although I do have a P&O one booked in July, so can worry about that instead!).
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yep - I’m now waiting to see if I’m among the blessed 1000. Not holding much hope 🙁

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Totally agree those Facebook pages are protecting their cushy discounts by not allowing negativity 😡 I think they are fighting a losing battle mind you. Folk are quite rightly raging as they blatantly lied to people saying they hadn’t booked more than 1000

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Yep - I’m now waiting to see if I’m among the blessed 1000. Not holding much hope 🙁
Snap !
Let’s see what happens
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Oh no 😭

I hope you are safe. What a stupid thing for them to have done!
Old 16 Jun 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

We extended two weeks after booking so wonder which date they will take ?
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
I would think it would be your original date and the extension would be an amendment unless they had cancelled the first booking then did a whole new booking with a new booking reference?

I only booked 4th June so I’ve really got no chance. We could rebook to 31st July from southampton but it would cost another £400. That’s the only other date we could do. My worry is they will take so long to confirm my 6th July is cancelled that 31st will then be sold out. Hoping to speak to the travel agent today.

And - to be able to change to that date I’d need to know ASAP to change annual leave etc.
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

I know its quite easy to be mad at MSC but in reality they have been hit badly by this extension aswell.

I have just come back from a MSC sailing and I have to say they have worked incredibly hard to put these sailings on at what must be a massive cost! I can't see how on earth they are breaking even with only 1000 passengers.

Everyone booked in the knowledge that these cruises could be cancelled at any time due to covid restrictions.

MSC as a business was right to book as many passengers it thought it would be able to have at the time. You can not release 000's of places at the last minute. People don't book holidays that way.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List