Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Agree to put it back in today. Don't lose another weekend of people looking/viewing

Additionally is there an option to part exchange with your builder?

Your priority is your sale/move. Let your buyer worry about theirs.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Agree to put it back in today. Don't lose another weekend of people looking/viewing

Additionally is there an option to part exchange with your builder?

Your priority is your sale/move. Let your buyer worry about theirs.
We’re I live there is not a frenzy of interest and viewings when houses go on the market …. Maybe for cheap 1st time homes but not places like our home…. To put off a buyer who is so keen and has already paid out is not the best move.
Think we will relist from Monday if they have no luck with the bookings they have …. But with the caveat the minute they get a genuine buyers it’s theirs …. Atleast that way we are being fair to them but also looking out for our own interest.

Edited at 11:31 AM.
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
You do both. I would relist and if the current buyers get a new buyer then they will proceed and if not you have the opportunity to find a new one.
Exactly this. House back on market immediately and let the existing buyer sort themselves out if they can.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went through that hassle twice, so third time lucky for us. The stress is enormous, put it straight back on the market and see what happens. You can't wait around for people, you don't owe them anything. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

I’m sure you’re aware (but just in case), you do know that with new builds you have a required completion date? If you don’t hit it they will just relist the house. The deadline should be in your paperwork when you reserved the house/plot but I recently had friends that didn’t realise this and lost their new build near to completion.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
I’m sure you’re aware (but just in case), you do know that with new builds you have a required completion date? If you don’t hit it they will just relist the house. The deadline should be in your paperwork when you reserved the house/plot but I recently had friends that didn’t realise this and lost their new build near to completion.
Yes, our new build developer pulled the plug on us when our buyer lost their buyer.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes, our new build developer pulled the plug on us when our buyer lost their buyer.
Yes it’s quite common, just don’t want the OP to miss out if she hasn’t checked she’s got time to wait for a new buyer!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
We went through that hassle twice, so third time lucky for us. The stress is enormous, put it straight back on the market and see what happens. You can't wait around for people, you don't owe them anything. 😊
This is what has happened to our buyer… lost their buyer, got another within 4 hours , then lost that one 5 days later , they have now been listed again for a week, lots of viewings but no realistic offers just a few stupid ones from developers…
But her agents really are a joke … very aggressive but don’t actually vet anyone
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Yes it’s quite common, just don’t want the OP to miss out if she hasn’t checked she’s got time to wait for a new buyer!
Thanks for your concern it’s very much appreciated
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Thanks for your concern it’s very much appreciated
I hope it all works out for you. So stressful!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort