Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Sep 19, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Boothy16
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Driving not paying attention

Here now. I am absolutely fine here. But had a complete moment coming out of one of car parks at disney springs tonight. Get to lights wanting to turn left lights go green not paying attention head down wrong side of road. Luckily no cars coming and quick 3 point turn we where on our way. Anyone else made this silly mistake before just trying to make myself feel better 🤦
Boothy16 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Try not to over think it. No harm done and it’s probably something you won’t repeat again as you’ll be conscious of it. I’ve not done anything like that because I’m not even brave enough to drive out there. 🙈🙈 Thankfully DH is.☺️

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Not done it there but have done it here when we came home after living abroad for a while. Easy to do and luckily it was on a back road so only realised when we saw a car coming towards us going slowly. But it shakes you up a bit
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
apollo163
Imagineer

I've made that mistake a couple of times its always on the same junction coming back through Celebration on a Busch gardens day. I go back to the villa a different way now.
2001 private villa (poinciana blvd)
2006 villa formosa gardens
apollo163 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
qwerty
Excited about Disney

I did that last week coming out of the Disney springs virgin check in car park. You go straight over the road to Typhoon lagoon. I was turning left. I ended going into the bus lane. Luckily it was very quiet.It was really confusing. I’ve driven over there for years and never done it before. I had to do a little off roading 😳and drive over the median, to get back on the right side of the road.
qwerty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
nick.66
Getting Excited

I think if everyone who had had a moment whilst driving out there posted a reply it would probably be the longest thread on here!
The hope is you learn from it (until the next year). British drivers are amongst the safest in the world perhaps because we over think things.
No harm done im sure you'll all be chuckling about it another day i know i have many times.
nick.66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

I did this the first time I was over ! Early morning quiet roads 3 of us working out directions! So my fault for lack of concentration! A few funny looks by the cars that were about! As you I turned around and carried on!
I think the quiet roads didn’t help but now I think I’m more aware when driving abroad.

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Boothy16
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Cheers guys just needed your support. It defintley not knocked my confidence. Just couldn't believe I done it. It was coming out of grapefruit car park and then when on the main road just went the wrong way haha. I must say you would think it would be more lit up at springs but clearly not. But I am not making excuses and blame myself for not paying attention. Still cant believe there was no traffic as after we done the 3 point turn and drove a little down the road to turn back the way we needed there was loads of traffic again. Thanks guys just needed to feel the love and that it wasnt just me.
Boothy16 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Done it a few times, turned left in to an on coming lane! as brain is still driving in UK! don't panic it happens more then you thing!
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsgiggs
VIP Dibber

turned left into the pointe orlando carpark from international drive via the exit lanes, luckily no one coming out and i managed to get into the entry lanes.
mrsgiggs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List