Old 8 Jul 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The 260 Mile West Coast Wander - August 2019 - Day 23 - Here we go again - Disneyland Park

INDEX

Monday 26th August

Well again I ended up getting in bed with Poppy at 2am as I struggled to get back to sleep because of the noise from our vent. She’s not the easiest of people to share with as she loves to be sprawled out everywhere. I managed to fall asleep on the edge of the bed!

I got up at 7am, Scott was up and ready a little later whilst the youth’s woke at 8.30. Once ready we headed down for some breakfast and even at 9.30 there were still lots of choices of hot and cold foods available. We all managed to get a decent breakfast down us which would set us up nicely for the day ahead.

Time for our little walk over to Disneyland and again it was a beautiful sunny day. Before we knew it we were there and once through security we had a family photo took in front of Disneyland before we actually entered.

Once inside it initially seemed busy but the further we walked down Main St the more the crowds dispersed and it didn’t seem too bad in the park.

Between us all we decided to get a fastpass for Indiana Jones so we headed over to Adventureland first.

Along the way we passed an info point so we grabbed a return time for Peter Pan whilst we had the opportunity as the line for this always seems to be so long.

Fastpasses in hand we wandered past the Jungle Cruise and could see that it was nice and quiet so this ended up being the first ride of the day.

Our ride

The captain, as you’d expect, was very funny and came out with lots of familiar jokes along with a few corny ones that we’d not heard before. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Walked across the park to Fantasyland but we stopped at the castle for a family photo.

Finally in Fantasyland where we rode the Snow White ride which was a little bit scary!

Afterwards our return time for Peter Pan was now available so we went over to this classic ride next. This is such a of ours it takes me back to when the Hayden and Jamie were so little and we had to go on it multiple times.

We then got a return time for Smuggler’s run which was over a hour’s wait so in the meantime we rode Pinocchio’s Daring Journey. It had a short line and Poppy wanted to go on it. The ride was actually ok, another sweet attraction with a lovely feel good factor at the end.

Decided to leave Fantasyland after this we stopped at Big Thunder Mountain to get a fastpass then headed over to Indiana Jones. As we arrived we saw lots of people walking away from the ride so we assumed it had gone down. We were just about to turn to go somewhere else when we noticed a few people walking back in? Asked a cast member and she said the ride had reopened and we managed to walk straight down onto the ride! How lucky was that!
This ride is totally fab, we just love the theming it’s definitely one of favourites here.
Churro time!

After that thrilling ride we walked over to Pirates of the Caribbean, there was only a 20 minute wait time which we didn’t think was too bad at all.

Love the version here it seems a lot longer which is good enough in itself but you feel a lot more connected to the storyline. The restaurant was open this time with a few people eating some lunch.

Used or fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain next. We were sat at the front which maybe doesn’t give the wildest of rides but we loved it all the same!

We tried to get a fastpass for Fantasmic but unfortunately they had all gone. To console ourselves we bought a classic snack, a Mickey shaped pretzel!

We noticed that Hyperspace Mountain had closed for a refurb and so that the Haunted Mansion. It was a shame we I was so glad we’d managed to ride them both on Saturday.

It was midday now we walked over to Galaxy’s Edge for a look around before our ride on Smuggler’s Run. Love how this whole area has been done the detail everywhere is amazing and it was good that it was so quiet.

We had thought that we’d struggle a little with the crowds here but thankfully that hadn’t been the case. We did wonder what the other ride would be like and thought that maybe that was the reason why Galaxy’s Edge wasn’t particularly busy? People were waiting for the whole experience maybe? Anyway whatever the reason it was great that we could wander around at ease soaking up all sights and sounds.

Our return time was now open so we got to ride on the Millennium Falcon again. Hayden again didn’t want to be a pilot so we were gunners again. Jamie had the job of main pilot and I can’t say he guided the falcon any better than Poppy! All good fun though.

Afterwards we grabbed some drinks and snacks from the market place. Can’t remember what the speciality drink was but Jamie said it good and refreshing.

The colourful popcorn was really tasty a mix of spicy and sweet. We also had some fruit and some cereal bars which would be just enough to keep our energy levels up. It was also a very hot day so a sit down in a cool shady spot was more than welcomed by us all.

Once we’d chilled for a while we had another look around before exciting the land near to Fantasyland.

Poppy and I decided to ride on Casey Jr Circus Train whilst the boys walked over to Star Tours to get a fastpass for us all. Ahhh this was just so lovely to go on.

The boys were waiting for us as we got off so we went over to Star Tours. We didn’t have long to wait until our fastpass time. I decided not to go on it though I think the sun was giving me a bit of a headache so I grabbed some cold cups of water and sat in a cool shaded spot near to Star Tours. I had a nice relaxing 15 minutes whilst everyone else enjoyed their tour.

Went to get a fastpass next for the Matterhorn but they had all gone, just shows what a popular ride it is. The standby line was 105 mins, we were able to get a return time for later using Hayden’s disability card.

We decided to leave Disneyland to have walk to Downtown Disney but before we did we took a few more photo's around the pretty castle as you can never have too many right?

We didn’t have a clue where to go but we had seen the sign for Downtown Disney as we’d exited the parks so knew the general direction of it.

Oh my word it was literally 50 steps away, we couldn’t believe how close it was!

Headed into the Disney store first as I wanted to look for a Disneyland photo album. I wanted one that had the year on as I always get these form WDW. I couldn’t see one though but as I made some purchases, Poppy’s Spirit Jersey and Christmas decoration, I asked about an album. The cast member was so helpful and went out of her way to check if there were any hidden away as such. After a little time an album appeared I was so thankful as I’d not seen any in the parks either.

It was around 5pm now, we’d only snacked through the day but I wasn’t feeling that hungry but I didn’t want to leave it too late t have some food so we went over to the Black Tap for our tea.

Having seen the crazy milkshake’s on Instagram we really wanted to give them a try, well the kids did!

Didn’t have to wait too long for a table and we all ordered various burgers which were all very good.

Because we could see the size of the milkshakes we decided to order just the 2 between the kids, they chose different flavours.

Oh gosh they were so sweet! No way could anyone eat one of those to themselves. I ended up eating the cake part which was so gooood!

We were all totally stuffed as we left but we had really enjoyed our food there and would definitely revisit if we had the opportunity and time.

Feeling a little lazy after our meal we caught the monorail back into the park. Of course we couldn’t not ride this beauty!

Back in the Disneyland we headed to the Matterhorn as our return was open, wow the standby line was now 115 minutes!

This ride is so much fun, you go so fast as you fly around the corners. It’s a bit of a white knuckle ride but not in a scary way more of a trying not to knock your ankles or knees on the side of the carriage way!

Continued in Fantasyland where we waited for the Storybook Land Canal ride next. The sun was starting to go down and by the time we got onto the boat it was sunset. I think this ride is best done in the daylight as it was a little difficult to see things. We still had a nice little cruise along the canal all the same.

Afterwards we crossed over to Alice in Wonderland which looked so colourful especially in the dark. This was another really sweet ride to do. The cast member who directed us into the vehicle was very much in character, a bit like the Mad Hatter!

The lads needed the restrooms so Poppy and I took the opportunity to ride on King Arthur’s Carousel. It was virtually empty and we really enjoyed our ride around on this classic.

It was just after 8.30 and so we thought we’d walk over to the Haunted Mansion, this was the area where we’d been told we could view Fantasmic without a fastpass.

Found the area right to the far left of the viewing area and there were just a few people stood in there. The view wasn’t brilliant but it wasn’t too bad either. We waited a few minutes then a cast member opened the rope to a really good viewing area which was empty so we quickly walked over into it.

Wow this was so much better everyone was sat down on the floor too. There was so much space and the view was fab!

Before we knew it the show started. Now I’m not a big Fantasmic fan it’s ok but oh my word this version of it was amazing.

There were certain elements that were the same as Disney World but totally deferent things too which we knew nothing about. We couldn’t believe it when the pirate ship come sailing by it was so unexpected and totally brilliant!

It a
ll felt a lot more intimate and we felt closer to the action and the story. We could actually see the characters faces and expressions which made us connect so much more with the show. Everything about it was amazing, the floats, the boats the projections. Even though we were sat close we didn’t even get wet, we so enjoyed it all.

After it had finished we were ready to head off when we heard the announcement saying that you could stay in the area to watch Disneyland forever. We presumed that you’d just see the fireworks up in the sky but when they started they put the projections of the show up. Oh my word is was so lovely to watch. There were only a few people left standing in the area watching so plenty of space for everyone.

When the Frozen section of the display came on we even had snow, it’s the little touches like this that I really love.
Watching from this point was fantastic and one of my fondest memories from our time in Disneyland.

Show over with we walked back through Adventureland where we saw the wait time for Jungle Cruise for only 5 minutes. We were nearly tempted but decided against it as we were feeling a little tired. We figured maybe we might stay in the park till 11pm on our last night?

Saw people taking their seats ready for the 2nd showing of the Electrical Light Parade, again we said we’d leave it till another night.

Walked back to our hotel and we were home for 10.15. After grabbing a hot chocolate we showered and changed ready for bed.
What another fabulous day in Disneyland we are so loving this park

Steps – 25,702

Edited at 09:47 PM.
juliab is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh those milkshakes look fantastic!
Old 8 Jul 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Awww fab day thanks for sharing!

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fabulous day!

Wow those milkshakes look incredible. Although I think I’d rather that slab of cake for sure

I’ve never heard of that secret seating area so that’s so good to learn about. Sounds like such a perfect view of Fantasmic! Whaaaaatt about not liking the WDW version though?!

Thanks for getting this up so quickly Julia. Can’t wait for the next! Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Amazing day! Those milkshakes look so good 😍
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
Oh those milkshakes look fantastic!
They were amazing!
juliab is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
Awww fab day thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Another fabulous day!

Wow those milkshakes look incredible. Although I think I’d rather that slab of cake for sure

I’ve never heard of that secret seating area so that’s so good to learn about. Sounds like such a perfect view of Fantasmic! Whaaaaatt about not liking the WDW version though?!

Thanks for getting this up so quickly Julia. Can’t wait for the next! Xx
Wish we could go back and have another one of those shakes!

It was a great spot, i think we just got lucky as there was spare space in that area.

Haha

Thanks for still wanting to read, just a couple more days to go Michelle xx
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
Amazing day! Those milkshakes look so good 😍
Aww thank you, they were so good!
Old 10 Jul 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

I think Snow White was the first film I saw and still remember being scared by it!

Those desserts look amazing and a bit tricky to eat without it all collapsing!

Great view for Fantasmic and how nice that everyone sits down.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List