Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Who does a bathroom refit in lockdown... We do

Over the years on here I've loved seeing refits and renovations etc in your homes well now it's my turn lol, could've timed it better but its been booked in for a while we are having lots of stuff done in house, outside jobs done now we start indoors, upstairs first working down so we have new boiler which is in our upstairs airing cupboard and a bathroom refit... These are the current pics very 1980s so will be pleased to see back of that lol.
Colour scheme for new bathroom is grey and white, no more champagne and peach whoop.
We've made sure everything is as covid safe as possible, the builders are okay to work, we will be socially distanced and I've set em a coffee station up upstairs so they will be well away lol, everything will be sanitized daily as they go along and before they leave... Fact there's a full floor between us means we are 2m at least apart lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Going to be nice when done and agree white and grey is the way forward.

I so remember those 'shell' design sinks. Quite often in a pink colour.

Stack it out your garage when it's ripped out it's on the cusp of being Retro and will be worth money shortly.

One heck of a tight space where the current loo and washand basin is. Was the loo in a separate room before and they have brought it in to the bathroom some time ago?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Good luck with the refit, it's soo exciting getting a new bathroom fitted .

We're supposed to be getting ours done just after this lock down finishes but our bathroom fitter told us the other day he and his work mate have tested positive for covid. We're not overly bothered about getting it done before Christmas and our main concern is that they're both ok.
dizzzy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm looking forward to seeing this.
We have exactly the same layout in our bathroom and no space between toilet, sink and bath so I'm looking for ideas as it all needs replacing 🙂
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Going to be nice when done and agree white and grey is the way forward.

I so remember those 'shell' design sinks. Quite often in a pink colour.

Stack it out your garage when it's ripped out it's on the cusp of being Retro and will be worth money shortly.

One heck of a tight space where the current loo and washand basin is. Was the loo in a separate room before and they have brought it in to the bathroom some time ago?
It's already in skip, I ain't telling my OH it might be worth a few bob, he will be in there head first 😂😂, I think in the pics it looks tighter together than it is, it is a small bathroom but bigger than it looks, like a tardis lol.
We are having one of those vanity units with toilet and sink in one unit with storage that will work better and storage handy.
The house is 3 bed was originally only two when built but 3 when we bought it, when 2 bed they must've been massive lol cos they arnt tiny rooms. Not sure about bathroom originally, old enuf to be an outdoor privvy at one point but no sign of one.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We started ours just before the first lockdown and were left without a loo and basin in the family bathroom and downstairs loo🥴 we had the en-suite but as we go to bed before ds he joked that my flower beds bloomed so well because he was adding fertiliser 😂

Good luck with it all, it’s like having children - painful at the time but you forget the pain with the joy of having it! Looking forward to seeing progress and finished room.
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by dizzzy View Post
Good luck with the refit, it's soo exciting getting a new bathroom fitted .

We're supposed to be getting ours done just after this lock down finishes but our bathroom fitter told us the other day he and his work mate have tested positive for covid. We're not overly bothered about getting it done before Christmas and our main concern is that they're both ok.
Be worth the wait when you do get it done and like you say main thing is they are safe and well.
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Your bathroom looks exactly the layout of ours before ours was redone, except our sink was on the left as you go in
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Will be interesting to see what they can do with such a tiny bathroom - looks like the shell sink is overlapping the bath ? with modern sleek designs you should see such an improvement
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing this.
We have exactly the same layout in our bathroom and no space between toilet, sink and bath so I'm looking for ideas as it all needs replacing 🙂
Will keep you posted then dizzy... Looking forward to the finished bathroom, looking at it now it just looks like a warzone they haven't been here an hour yet lol, Definately cracking on... We are having shower over bath again but a more modern dual head power shower, combined vanity with loo and sink and storage whixh will come in handy