Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Mar 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scouse_minx
Imagineer

Universal stay and passes

Iíve booked Aventura for 10 nights in December. Iíve considered one night at the universal top 3 for two days express passes.

Iíve price compared travel republic, Expedia, Tui and BA. Then Iíve checked a two park express pass direct with universal for two days. The passes seem to be coming in cheaper than the room stay for my dates.

Am I missing something?
scouse_minx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Excited about Disney

The express pass included with the hotels is unlimited. It can be used as many times as you wish on the same ride. I believe some of the purchased passes are limited to one ride on each of the attractions.
Depending on when it December you are visiting you may not need the pass. We tend to go early, first week in December and managed fine without the pass when we stayed at Aventura.
Obviously, that was in Ďnormalí times.
With reduced capacity is the express pass in operation?
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Iím not sure how many of you there would be in the room but booking a room over buying express passes can be more expensive if there are only two of you in a room for example. This may be why buying passes are cheaper than booking a room.
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scouse_minx
Imagineer

Thanks both. Iím solo so that might be why my room prices are higher too.

I hadnít realised the passes you get direct from universal were limited to a once only use for each ride. Iíll definitely look closer at the terms.

I donít know if express passes are operating now but they are available to buy for my dates.
scouse_minx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scouse_minx
Imagineer

I just doubled checked and two days unlimited express is coming in at $239 or roughly £175-80 at todayís conversion. I canít seem to get 1 night that cheaply so I think passes might be the way to go
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

For us, it's because there's 10 of us. So 2 rooms booked for 1 night, is definitely cheaper then the passes but if it was just one or two of us, we'd probably just buy the passes! They're worth the price either way.
Old 6 Mar 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scouse_minx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadMummy View Post
For us, it's because there's 10 of us. So 2 rooms booked for 1 night, is definitely cheaper then the passes but if it was just one or two of us, we'd probably just buy the passes! They're worth the price either way.
That definitely makes sense. Iím not sure the parks will be that busy if I get to go - Iíve been before and they havenít been but I do like the idea of just walking on with no wait.

The price for a two day unlimited 2 park pass appears reasonable. Does anyone know if you buy online the price is the same in the parks on the day?

If the price is the same I might wait until I pick up my park tickets when Iím there to decide but if thereís savings to be had, Iíd rather buy now
Old 6 Mar 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
That definitely makes sense. Iím not sure the parks will be that busy if I get to go - Iíve been before and they havenít been but I do like the idea of just walking on with no wait.

The price for a two day unlimited 2 park pass appears reasonable. Does anyone know if you buy online the price is the same in the parks on the day?

If the price is the same I might wait until I pick up my park tickets when Iím there to decide but if thereís savings to be had, Iíd rather buy now
There are a limited supply of express passes, so they might not be available on the day. For that reason, I would buy in advance.

Also, whilst I have never priced up advanced versus on the day prices for these passes specifically, but more generally, I donít think I have ever come across an on the day ticket being better value than pre purchase.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scouse_minx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There are a limited supply of express passes, so they might not be available on the day. For that reason, I would buy in advance.

Also, whilst I have never priced up advanced versus on the day prices for these passes specifically, but more generally, I donít think I have ever come across an on the day ticket being better value than pre purchase.
Thatís an excellent point - thank you. I didnít realise there were limited amounts. I think Iíll have a look at their refund policy too just in case I need to transfer my dates due to covid.

I guess that would make the hotel stay more attractive as thereís a lot of offers for free change or cancellation with rooms.
Old 6 Mar 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Do keep checking US Universal site prices, one of my visits I got 3-day ticket with discounted unlimited express and got 2 days free (5 days of unlimited). I cannot remember the price but for 2 of us was perfect and cancelled the need to pay for multiple rooms.

I have no idea if I just got lucky but I bought direct.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List