Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 Mar 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkzabelle
Trying for More Ears

BA villa. Opinions?

Have been contemplating doing a package with BA for next year. Has anybody done this with flights, car and villa? I was specially wondering about their villas and what they are like? All of the photos depict bog standard villas but I want to know if there's much difference between that and what you actually get. Is it worth it? Has the location been good for allocation on arrival? Anything else I need to know?
Thanks all 😊
Tinkzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My brother did this a few years ago. They had an executive villa. They were at champions gate. It was a lovely villa, not sure how it compared to the photos. It seemed pretty new.
We stayed one night ( we were in a hotel ) and the only thing I would say is the beds were rock hard. My brother said the same about his. Kept waking up sore.
If we are booking anywhere now , for us that’s one of the priorities. So we always check the photos and reviews to make sure they are comfy.
Old 31 Mar 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

BA don't actually own any Villas, these will be individually owned and therefore vary in style and location. The owners receive very little of the rental money as there are many layers between renter and owner. Its not a business model we choose to follow although we have received requests from the companies at busy times. I believe all Villas are within a certain distance of the parks and I have rarely (but not never) heard horror stories regarding the standard of accomodation. Its absolutely down to luck at the end of the day.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkzabelle View Post
Have been contemplating doing a package with BA for next year. Has anybody done this with flights, car and villa? I was specially wondering about their villas and what they are like? All of the photos depict bog standard villas but I want to know if there's much difference between that and what you actually get. Is it worth it? Has the location been good for allocation on arrival? Anything else I need to know?
Thanks all 😊
We did a BA one in 2016. Was great. We were allocated a single storey villa in Sandy Ridge with a lovely pool that looked out onto scrub/bushes/green area. It was lovely, nice and quiet. 15 min to Animal Kingdom, 5 min to supermarket and takeaways. 40min to Universal. Key code pick up was at Ocean Florida at Rolling Oaks near Super Target (don't know if that has changed)

We booked an executive villa. Guaranteed free WiFi. Decor was a bit "lived in", not showroom style, but beds were sooo fantastically comfortable. And pool was just right. We booked 4 bed as it gave an extra room for "just in case"... sometimes one room might have bunk beds, or be next to the pool heater noise etc.

Was great, would do it again in a flash. They do have villas all over the place and of many standards, so would add that every one will be different. It literally is pot luck. We were fine with that.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
In the early days we did this twice.

First was amazing, I booked a 3 bed executive villa and ended up with a 5 bed mansion on highland reserve.

The second time I booked a 4 bed and ended up with a old run down place up near champions gate somewhere, it was clean but very tired and lacked care.

Now we book a dibb villa direct and the flights separate, it’s nice to know what your getting.

But it can work well as our first one, it’s pot luck but as I get older I don’t want to take pot luck on one of the main elements of a bloody expensive holiday.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ve done this for this August (fingers crossed). We normally book direct with the owner, but given all the uncertainty, we booked a villa with the flights and car with BA.

We have opted for a named resort - High Grove. It’s 4 bed, and the community looks nice. You can request things like a spa or games room, but I think these may incur an additional cost (we’re planning on requesting both of these a little nearer the time). We prefer to know the area we’ll be staying, so we can pre plan what’s around like restaurants and supermarkets.

When I spoke to the BA agent, he advised as a minimum the executive level if you don’t go for a specific resort, as the fixtures tend to be nicer.
Old 31 Mar 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

When all is said and done it’s still allocated on arrival so both location and facilities will vary . For some that is fine and the good price outweighs the risk of a less convenient location or not having a particular layout or facility as a certainty, versus knowing exactly which villa you will be staying at.
It suits some people but for others it doesn’t. Really it’s a matter of how disappointed you’d be if you got the minimum spec or (say) bunk beds in one bedroom . For me it’d be a no because I don’t like villas where the pool is overlooked by other villas or are back to back but for you that might not be an issue, for example.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
As said BA etc go through 3rd party villa management companies so the villas can vary a lot
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had a ba executive villa in 2015 so it was a few years ago but to be honest the standard and cleanliness wasn’t every good.

The location was good as it was in west haven on champions gate but that’s about all that was good about it. We complained whilst there and a couple of the problems were sorted. Overall the villa was very run down and not very clean. Since then we’ve only booked dibb villas and never had any problems.

To be fair to ba though they did refund some of our money when we complained when back home.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List