Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Apr 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Disney Staycation Cruise DVC points chart released

In case anyone is interested the points charts have been released on the DVC site. They are in the points chart section.
Screenshot below but obviously lots more dates and points prices available.

Sorry not easy to read

Edited at 09:56 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Thank you for posting but I can’t read it unfortunately.
Old 29 Apr 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Wish they let resale use points just this once.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Thank you for posting but I can’t read it unfortunately.
Can be viewed without logging into your DVC account at either disneyvacationclub.disney.go...04 222021.pdf
and disneyvacationclub.disney.go...ON04222021.pdf
or for the full list in the Disney Colection at disneyvacationclub.disney.go...ey-collection/
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
Wish they let resale use points just this once.
You would be better off renting your points out, even at a reduced rate, then paying cash. The points prices are really high!

Edited at 02:35 PM.
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Has anybody decided to book it?
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Has anybody decided to book it?
I would rather sit in a deckchair on Barry Island beach in a howling gale, eating cold chips and watching the sewage wash in and out than waste my Points on the so called cruises they are offering.

These offerings are nothing to do with the customer they are all about making money, getting rid of surplus points and testing out their procedures.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I have booked for a 2 night - cash.

Points equivalent for the cash price (£650 / £14 a point) - 46 points. Not each, total.

Same cabin via points is 112, 2.5 as much! They really do try to screw you when using points.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I would rather sit in a deckchair on Barry Island beach in a howling gale, eating cold chips and watching the sewage wash in and out than waste my Points on the so called cruises they are offering.

These offerings are nothing to do with the customer they are all about making money, getting rid of surplus points and testing out their procedures.
Agree it’s testing where it’s allowed- the U.K. That data then used every country to show why Disney can cruise.

At least RCI have opened up their test cruises to Blue Light for free.

What a statement it would have been for DVC to say we know our biggest fans who’ve invested lots of cash can’t come- DVC members blue card can have a few free nights whilst we test our procedures. What an advert that would have been for DVC to the Brits on this board.

Instead charge extortionate points cost.

I’m not surprised.

Anyone who wants to buy direct to ‘use points on a cruise’ look at this nonsense.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

We’re currently holding a room on a 3 night one (cash, of course). I’ve done many other cruise lines and wanted to try DCL so it seems like a good way to try a short one before committing to anything bigger. A few free nights would have been nice though. Still making a final decision as it’s quite expensive, even compared to the other UK ones this year.

We’ll be fully vaccinated well before we sail, and I like the idea of lower capacity. I volunteered to be a vaccine guinea pig, I certainly don’t mind being a cruise guinea pig! We’re thinking of doing another weekend one on a different line too.

Edited at 10:02 PM.