Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

What shall I do?

Due to fly 4th June
Was hopefully 6 weeks ago, not so much now
Shall we change? Can go July or August. (Don't really want to take daughter out of school in September for the new school year after the last year of broken schooling)
Need to make a decision as flights have to be changed 3 weeks before we go.
Shall we know more by tonight (but according to the green list that is supposed to be published today, USA isn't even mentioned (Independent newspaper via Twitter)
thinking August as looking at park availability for July, days for Hollywood studios are rare)
We are happy to go in June (all adults vaccinated) but will Biden let us in?
Would you change dates?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would personally move to next year and do something else this year whether that be in the UK or on a green list country (whatever that is).
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

I second the idea of moving to next year. There's a lot of uncertainty at the moment, and sometimes the safer option is best.

We'll have a much better idea how things will be by next year.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Can't move to next year
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We’re booked for July 17th. Still reasonably hopeful as it’s after the 4th July.

I’m really not convinced we’ll know much for definite until the G7 summit. If our mid-July holiday can’t happen, we’ll move to late august... and then September... and so on and so forth until we manage to get our flipping DVC points used 😂🙈
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Can't move to next year
Personally I'd wait until after the announcement today but if you have to change go for as late in August as possible as the parks are less crowded.

Sorry to read this, your positivity has really helped me too. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would move to later in the year. I’m still hopeful for September but definitely wouldn’t be for June.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Does you child get one or two weeks at October half term? If two, could move to then? If not, end of August.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Personally I'd wait until after the announcement today but if you have to change go for as late in August as possible as the parks are less crowded.

Sorry to read this, your positivity has really helped me too. X
I know you are due to go a couple of days after me, if we can go in June, I would be on that plane! I just need to know when the USA is letting us in! We would go if it was on the amber list (work from home and fully vaccinated) it was just reading on BA this morning that we need to change flights with 3 weeks notice (unless the UK won't allow us to fly then they don't require 3 weeks)
I just wish we would now one way or the other, just made me wonder as the USA isn't mentioned in the Independent article
Old 7 May 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I personally would move it to August. I’m hoping USA will move to green late June (nothing other than gut feeling about this). What are your cancellation options if you chose not to go?