Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We have a grey gloss and I regret getting it
If the sun is shining you see every little fingerprint and mark
Old 9 May 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
White gloss kitchen here and it always looks clean and fresh. Gets a wipe down after tea and never looks smudged or marked.
Old 9 May 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

With two teens I do have some regrets about our off white gloss kitchen but when it's clean it does look lovely. It just shows every fingerprint.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

White gloss here too, constantly wiping it down plus the chrome handles are a nightmare😤 we have had it 10 years now and hopefully next year will we will replace it.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We have white gloss without handles and it's a nightmare, fingerprints on everything and the doors chip really easily. We had one door replaced as it was chipped when we moved in (newbuild) and the fitters said they'd had lots of issues with chipping on these particular doors. Doesn't help that we've got lots of cupboards and built in white goods too.

In our last house we put in matt units with handles, we decided the gloss was too expensive, and it was so much easier to keep looking clean.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
Hi
I’m going into wren today to look for a new kitchen. I quite like the white gloss look. Any pros and cons with it ? I’m I better getting wren to get and do absolutely everything to save hassle ?
Thanks 😊
A girl I'm friends with on fb had Wren, she only put on fb last week that hers still isn't finished from starting on Boxing Day
Old 9 May 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

We’ve had two gloss white kitchens from Wren and never had any problems with fingerprints and marks etc.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Went with the white gloss so hopefully will be fine. Can’t wait now x 😊😊
Old 9 May 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

We have white gloss cupboards, I spray the fronts with glass cleaner and wipe clean with kitchen roll... easy peasy 😀
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have Wren in Cashmere gloss, yes they show every fingerprint, but a quick buff with an ecloth works well.

My beef with Wren gloss is that the gloss surface is not very robust. We have several scratches and chips and it is only 10 months old. The cashmere colour is very thin, so it has scratched through to white underneath. At least you have chosen white. Also not sure what handles you have chosen, but we love our handleless doors. Yes, they attract crumbs, but the finish looks good and the fronts are easier to quickly buff without a handle getting in the way.