Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Living near a seaside Town - Nightmare

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who lives near a seaside town because it must be a nightmare at times. I live a couple of miles from Ruislip Lido and it is an absolute nightmare for the residents who live next to it and even within a 10-15 minutes walk away because not only do people park over their drives, but it's not uncommon for some idiots to actually park 'on' their drives and the police aren't interested and the parking enforcement chaps can't even issue tickets on private land!

There are two car parks at Ruislip Lido and one is free for the local residents and the other charges non residents but it gets full in no time, and people park wherever they want and cause traffic chaos.

The council have lots of security staff at all entrances over the week ends and bank holidays and limit the number of people they allow in but it is still a nightmare and the council remove tons of rubbish and people even do big poos on the ground (leaving their used toilet paper next to it).

If you google nearest beach to London then Ruislip Lido usually comes up first, and many radio stations advertise it, so suffice to say we avoid it like the plague.

So keep your seaside town locations because it must be much worse than just a Lido.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

My parents live near one and I used to, many years ago
You just stay well away on bank holiday weekends and in the summer you go out early in the morning or early evening- simples 😃

Edited at 06:36 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re about four or five miles from our nearest seaside town which is where we walk our dog regularly.

During peak times, we’re out really early to avoid the crowds and chose alternative places for our later walks.

We’re lucky we’re far enough away that we don’t experience the parking problems but I see lots of issues talked about on Facebook.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Have to totally agree with you MH. Have only visited it once as our eldest lives just around the corner from there. Wouldn't even consider going in the water looks disgusting but some were. The parking is just total chaos as well luckily he has a parking permit for where he lives and the other residents make sure there is no "illegal" parking.
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I haven't been to Ruislip Lido for years. We live nearer to Black Park and the parking there has been a nightmare as well. There's no beach at Black Park but the water looks cleaner than Ruislip Lido
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Ruislip lido used to be great when I was younger but now I’m surprised anyone would want to flock there. The pub always seems to have a rat problem 😬
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

I live on sunny canvey, a place a little more exciting than a disappointing poo, and have no issues here.
The best thing about sunny canvey is the road off 😳🤣😂🤣😂😂😂
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
I haven't been to Ruislip Lido for years. We live nearer to Black Park and the parking there has been a nightmare as well. There's no beach at Black Park but the water looks cleaner than Ruislip Lido
Always liked black park and how kind people would always give you their parking receipt if they were leaving 😂
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We live a short drive from the beach but my parents used to live 3 doors up from the seafront. We didn’t have too many issues with parking fortunately, and I miss being able to just walk down.

Driving along the front on a bank holiday is quite a challenge though!
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I don't think jts just seaside towns, I used to live near the centre of Cambridge and without resident parking it would have been impossible. I'm sure this is the same near any stations and close to any town centre
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List