Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 16, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
December
VIP Dibber

Exclamation Disney's Magical Express

I have been so busy this month that I forgot to check about the Magical Express! Last time it was automatic as we booked flights with Disney too, this time we booked our own flights and I now fly in two days! (well less than that) But I haven't booked the Magical Express!

I tried to do it earlier online but it went to a blank screen (I now know why) but just looking through the letter that came with my pack it says it can be done up to 5 days before hand!

Would they still let me book it of I tried to call them? I know people used to say as long as you're staying on disney property and have come off a flight that they'd let you anyway, but that was 3 years ago and may not have been true then.

I'm panicking now
December is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
The only way to find out for sure is to call them and see. To be honest, I can't see them turning you away if you're staying at a Disney resort. It's not like they book guests to specific coaches so won't have room...you just get assigned to a line and wait for the next one.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't worry about booking it. Just show up at the DME desk and they'll put you on the next 'motorcoach'
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Don't worry. As long as you're staying on-site they will book you on to a coach when you arrive. They want you at the resort and parks, not stuck at the airport!

One holiday, I'd booked but forgot to take my paperwork and they couldn't find it. They could find my resort booking though (they have access to them all) so just used that to rebook us on

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Last time when we arrived at the ME desk our reservation wasn't there. I had booked and had the email confirmation, but for whatever reason it wasn't now on their system. A few minutes of questions and we were on our way to a coach.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ditto to all the above. They'll look after you, don't worry.
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Don't panic, when we arrived they couldn't find our reservation (even thogh I had done it online months before and had the print out of the confirmation email with me). They just found our resort reservation to make sure we were actually staying onsite and then reprinted a confirmation to take through to the woman at the front of the queue line. We were told they would never leave a guest behind.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

Same answer. Previously just showed up with paper hotel confirmation, and was on the next bus.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
My daughter decided to come with me at the last minute in April so she wasn't even on the hotel reservation at that point. She came with me to the MDE check-in at MCO and when I explained to lady there she just added her to my booking... 100% sure it won't be a problem

Edited at 07:59 AM.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
December
VIP Dibber

Thanks all!

It was just a mad couple of hours and I read the letter as I was packing my park bag and my carry on, and just panicked. I finished my job for good on Friday and I start a new one when I come back at the end of the month, so I'm a little all over the place! There's a lot going on. And seeing as we've been getting ready for this holiday since last June/July it threw me a little.

Good to know that it'll be fine. I remember being told that in 2013, as long as you're staying onsite they'll take you. But then I doubted myself and worried that they might have suddenly changed their minds!

It's true though, the do want us in the resorts and parks so it makes sense that they'd take us. I think I just needed to see it from someone else! So thanks again all! Looking forward to it now!
December is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread