Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 11 Jan 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Chick I agree too reading your post, I hope at tribunal you get a better result. My daughter is only 9 and gets dla, her last award was for 5 years and is due to expire in the summer, I'm dreading having to reapply again and hoping it goes smoothly, when she hits 16 I'll be dreading pip even more.
Good luck again and good luck to anyone else in a similar situation x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
chick95625
VIP Dibber

Thank you everyone

It has been a nightmare and as you will all understand its taken its toll.

I will of course keep you updated. I have requested up to date reports and letters of support, as his mum I will not stop fighting for him.

Thank you all again xx
Old 15 Jan 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

We have problems with this,not sure what to do as my son wont even come outof his room if there is a stranger in the house and if he knows they are coming to see him he will become very anxious and bite his lip till it bleeds so i as a mum do not want to put him through this😔
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
chick95625
VIP Dibber

Hello

Well it has been a while! but we finally had the tribunal on Tuesday.

I was completely prepared to fight my sons case, but as soon as I walked in they had already made the decision. They said from the medical history alone they have awarded him enhanced rate for both care and mobility!

The panel were utterly perplexed as to why he was not awarded any points from the beginning. We walked in and out within 10 minutes!

I cant believe it, over a year of stress, worry and preparing, for it all to be over without another fight is a bit overwhelming

He has been awarded PIP for 5 years and will be back dated from October last year!

So for anyone who doesn't get the right decision to begin with, please dont give up!
Old 23 Nov 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

That's fantastic news, I am so pleased for you But it's a shame that you had to go through all that in the first place x
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Well done to both of you!
Am waiting to hear about DS Pip at the mo... went to tribunal over DLA & won so hoping not to have same prob with Pip... but like you will fight all the way... not fair though cause let’s face it life is stressful & busy enough with children who have extra needs!
Well done! Glad to hear the good & rightly deserves news!
Old 23 Nov 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

That is fantastic news-but still an absolute disgrace that you and your son have been put through all this stress and upset for no reason-i truly empathise as my son with asd also has a very different idea of his independence than the reality!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chick95625
VIP Dibber

Thank you,

I am glad its over, I just hope people do not have to go through what we have been through.

Why the assessor lied is beyond me, if only DWP had looked at the medical history in the first place, we wouldn't have had to go through all the stress!