Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jun 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Problem is cannot remember dates etc, so thought i would request SAR to give info to ombudsman, although they probably have a long wait too!
Ombudsman won’t worry about dates, they’ll get all that from the business. You can contact them while waiting for your SAR and they’ll start their investigation. But yes they do have long wait times due to sheer volume of work they’re dealing with
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just got ours though, so pleased that is all sorted. Took their time but got there in the end. 😀
Old 16 Sep 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Received my HBOS mortgage refund this morning, happy birthday to me!

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

After 2 years since applying after seeing this thread, I received the news I’m to get back almost £1,800!

Thank you to the OP!
Old 5 Dec 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I have just had a letter through saying they have calculated my 50 %, though I paid the loan so a little unfair my ex may get some, but I'm due £11000

I thought it said £1000 but no its £11000!

Still waiting for a couple of others though
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks to this thread and someone saying to DIY, I received word today that I am due £1000. I couldn't believe it, I thought that the account that it came from had PPI but was sure that I had cancelled it, apparently I had but it looks like they may have left it on. Whatever happened I don't care, I am just pleased that I applied and no-one to pay fees to I did mass claims on the last day that you could apply, this was the only one that has shown up.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
We did this too thanks to djewkes and got our money back last year. However, we saw a thing by Martin Lewis a couple of months ago about claiming the tax back that is deducted from PPI refund. We weren't sure if we'd qualify but submitted it online to HMRC and a few weeks later received an email from HMRC confirming we were due a refund (we didn't dare click on the link as we thought it might be spam!) but then the money was paid into the account which we'd given details of on our application. It was another £180 ish I think. So, worth everyone googling this and trying to claim your tax back. It doesn't take long and it's definitely worth doing sooner rather than later due to different time limits.
Thanks for this, I thought that I'd read about it but couldn't be sure. I was taxed on it but I should get a refund on it. I'm going to google it and claim.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List