Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scotlandshones
Trying for More Ears

Tokyo Disney

Hi, looking for some advice, heading to Tokyo next year for the Rugby World Cup and will have 1 full day and one 1/2 day to spend at Disney. I have a 3 year old, which park would you recommend spending the full day in, DisneyLand or DisneySea? I would love to do 2 whole days (or longer), but timings don't allow. Thank you!
scotlandshones is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hmm - no children so difficult - but what do you want your child to get out of the visit ?

See the parades, fireworks - go on some rides...

I would go with Sea as there is no one else like it in world, but let’s see why you want yourself : kids to get out visit.

Am not being funny , but will they get that much out of one over the other? At 3 will it not be that either is brilliant for them?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I would probably say DisneySea too, just because it is so different to any other Disney park, and has amazing theming. (I disagree that they won't get anything out of it at 3 though - my first trip to WDW was at age 3, and I still remember lots of things from it!)

There is a fair amount suitable for that age is DisneySea too. The Little Mermaid area - especially the indoor bit - is great. The Aladdin themed Arabian Coast area is good too. Nemo Searider is a 3D show/simulator - you'll probably want to try and grab a fastpass for this one though as it seems to attract long queues (probably due to being new-ish). TSM is at DisneySea - that it the way everyone goes at opening! There are also lots of transport options which are fun - Venetian gondola rides, electric tram railway, steamship. Plus a pirate ship to play on (and a fort to explore, although at 3 probably too young to "get" many of the things in there). Oh, and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea!

DisneyLand has many of the typical MK rides and is fabulous - plus lots suitable for a 3 year old. but Disney Sea would just have the edge for me if I had to prioritise one
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scotlandshones
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
I would probably say DisneySea too, just because it is so different to any other Disney park, and has amazing theming. (I disagree that they won't get anything out of it at 3 though - my first trip to WDW was at age 3, and I still remember lots of things from it!)

There is a fair amount suitable for that age is DisneySea too. The Little Mermaid area - especially the indoor bit - is great. The Aladdin themed Arabian Coast area is good too. Nemo Searider is a 3D show/simulator - you'll probably want to try and grab a fastpass for this one though as it seems to attract long queues (probably due to being new-ish). TSM is at DisneySea - that it the way everyone goes at opening! There are also lots of transport options which are fun - Venetian gondola rides, electric tram railway, steamship. Plus a pirate ship to play on (and a fort to explore, although at 3 probably too young to "get" many of the things in there). Oh, and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea!

DisneyLand has many of the typical MK rides and is fabulous - plus lots suitable for a 3 year old. but Disney Sea would just have the edge for me if I had to prioritise one
Thank you very much, that's really useful! I agree that my 3 year old will get a lot out of it, we were in florida in May, and he still speaks about it every day! Thanks again 😊
scotlandshones is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List