Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Dec 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Big Birthday Cruise

Hi all,

My other half is celebrating a milestone birthday next August. We have become Disney World regulars having taken 4 trips since our son was born 5 years ago. I think it’s fair to say that Disney is our ‘Happy Place’.

We’ve done Kissimmee villas and Disney hotels, but this time I want to do something a little different. One of my ideas is tell her we are going to Orlando, but surprise her with a a different magical express when we leave the airport

There’s a 4 night Disney cruise that leaves Port Canaveral at the perfect time. I’m wondering how best to book this? Last year I did complete DIY and I could do the same this time. But are there any benefits to booking the cruise via an agent, can they get better rates or onboard credit etc?

I’m thinking of following the cruise with 10 days or 2 weeks in a Villa. Does anyone package an itinerary like this.

Any other tips for a first time cruiser? Should I book something special for the birthday day or evening?
2020 Hard Rock, HGV Seaworld (no Disney )
2022 Grand Floridian, Hard Rock, AOA Villa
BertnErnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I would book direct with Disney rather than a T.A. A few people on here use a U.S. based travel agent, TOAD I think they are called, who usually offer an onboard credit incentive.
The only downside with using them is the price is in $ and is at risk of becoming more expensive if the £ drops.
There may be more information about this in the sticky at the top of the page.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Bats will be along soon to help I’m sure.

We booked direct with Disney though and did it all as a DIY trip because it was cheaper and made more sense for us at the time .
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have booked twice with a US agent Travel on a Dream - Deb. She was excellent to deal with. She constantly keeps in touch with reminders and ideas for tours etc. Would highly recommend her. We have done the Disney Dream and Harmony of the Seas. Both fantastic!
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We have been on a Disney cruise many times and have always dealt direct with Disney. As someone else has said you pay in £s not dollars so you know where you stand.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
As others have said, you have two choices .. book direct or book via a US TA. There are pros and cons to both, namely the exchange rate right now!

Both ways will give you terrific terms and conditions in that you can cancel and receive a full refund up to around 90-120 days prior to the cruise. Not something you'd get if you booked with a UK agent!

Be aware that Magical Express is for the resorts only, the transport to the cruise terminal is chargeable (currently $35 pp but will be going up in 2019). We do 2 x one way car hires as much cheaper for 2 or more people.

The sticky thread at the top will give you a ton of info, but shout if you have any more questions ok.

Have fun planning!
Joa