Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Jan 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazza227
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Christmas Eurostar

Hi, I’m looking into going to Disneyland Paris for Christmas this year, with children (13&11) and spending Christmas Day in Disney. Looking at staying at Newport Bay hotel.
Just wondering what it’s like out there at Christmas? We’ve never been before. (Done Florida but never Paris) Also I’m wondering how much the Eurostar is likely to cost? As I can only get quotes much closer to the time, I don’t want to book a hotel and then find the Eurostar is too costly.
Mazza227 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Hi - welcome to The Dibb!

We stayed in Newport Bay last Christmas. It was lovely and I'm glad we did it but I wouldn't do it again (not that there was anything wrong with it, it's just a box that needed to be ticked, for me). It didn't feel as Christmassy as I thought it would (most of the park isn't decorated, just Main Street, really) and Christmas Day just felt like any other day. You will find it nigh on impossible to eat anywhere on Xmas Eve evening (lunchtime is fine) without paying a fortune - we ended up eating a sandwich in the evening. But the rest of the Xmas holiday is fine, apart from New Year, I think.

The trick with Eurostar is to book as soon as the dates are released (phone them to see when that will be). They will only get dearer as time goes on. We're a family of 2 adults, one teen and one child and we paid about £550.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Welcome

The weeks before and after Christmas are some of the busiest weeks in the DLP Calendar so be prepared for very long queues. Not just for rides but for restaurants, bag checks, toilets.. everything!

As the PP said, you will need to get the eurostar booked up on the day of release in order to get anything at a reasonable cost. If you leave it too late to get a decent price on the direct train, you could look at going indirect via Lille as this gives you a bit more flexibility.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Welcome

The weeks before and after Christmas are some of the busiest weeks in the DLP Calendar so be prepared for very long queues.
Although the 23rd-25th of 2017 were very quiet - the parade was virtually empty. Traditionally it doesn't get busy until Boxing Day but someone said that 2018 was busy beforehand too.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Although the 23rd-25th of 2017 were very quiet - the parade was virtually empty. Traditionally it doesn't get busy until Boxing Day but someone said that 2018 was busy beforehand too.
Yeah my friend was there this year from 23-28th and she said it was the busiest she’d ever seen it! 80 minute queue for IASW busy!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List