Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
cal999golf
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Do hotel staff check the ages of the kids at check in?

Hi folks, bit of a random question. My boys are 10 and 11 but look and eat like 13 - 15 year olds.

We are going this August and as the current 25% off deal only applies to adult prices, under 12's are roughly the same price as adults at the mo.

Am I correct in assuming that the child portions on the meal plan are smaller than the adults? If so then I was wondering if I could just buy 4 adult tickets and get away with it?

I know on check in in florida we had to show all 4 passports. Do you have to do the same in santa fe?
cal999golf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

In typical DLP style it's a bit inconsistent as to whether or not they do. When we went to Santa Fe in August 2017 they checked everyone's passports thoroughly, but when we went to Cheyenne in November 2018 they didn't even check any passports at all!

Have you thought of checking the French website, as they often have a kids under 12 stay free offer. I booked under this for February and as my Daughter is 11 it saved us almost £400 compared to the UK offering.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You typically have to show a the passports for your party.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Ive had various of "all passports" and "just lead passport" at check in. I have never been queried at a restaurant. I would find it hard to believe that you would have issues with adult tickets for children. It is normally the other way round for checking.

Edited at 11:05 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you're planning on having buffets on the meal plan, then actually you're better off sticking with booking them as children anyway. They aren't policed at the buffets. Obviously if you're planning on the table service meals that's different. However my Niece eats very well, adult meals as a general rule over here, but never once complained about being hungry after eating in DLP. That includes at table service places. I did notice the pasta meals seemed to be on the smaller size, but burgers, etc., were all of a healthy size. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

I think they checked all our passports. What I would say is that I thought the kids menu was more limited and quite plain in comparison to the adult food. I wonder if they would let you upgrade them to adult?
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List