Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

Question Which hotel?

Hi guys,

I am about to book a stay 31/3 till 4/4 for 2 adults & 2 children aged 4 & 6.

I’m in between which hotel to stay in & they are all similar priced. We will be driving.

Hotel Cheyenne £739
Davy Crockett Ranch £832
Sequoia Lodge £863

They all appeal to me. Stayed at Cheyenne & sequoia. Not stayed at DCR.

Cheyenne- cheapest & bus to parks. Bit basic
Sequoia- close to Disney Village. Most expensive.
DCR- has a pool, can make own food & have breakfast before leaving. Have to drive there & back.

Which one would you choose?!

Not stayed in a Disneyland Paris hotel since 2013 so very excited!
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Are the above prices including any of the free meal plans?

Ordinarily I'd say Cheyenne but if it's including food you would get the higher value meal plan at the Sequoia Lodge so if you factor in what you'd save in food from that then it's probably not going to work out much more than the Cheyenne.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

None of them include food unfortunately, 40% off. Starting the stay of the 2/4 includes food but is about £400 more expensive!
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by belle&tink View Post
None of them include food unfortunately, 40% off. Starting the stay of the 2/4 includes food but is about £400 more expensive!
I'm not a big fan of the meal plans so would actually prefer the cheaper accomodation cost.

In that case, I'd definitely do the cheyenne - it's still within walking distance to the parks and the new refurbished rooms are lovely. Your children will appreciate the themeing of this hotel a lot more than the Sequoia Lodge. The only thing it doesn't have is a pool.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Another vote for Cheyenne here.

I believe the Sequoia pool is under a long term renovation anyway so wouldn’t be open when you visit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

I agree - Cheyenne is my go to Disney Hotel. Never make use of the pool - especially not in summer as they are far too cold!
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Sequoia is usually my hotel of choice if budget allows, but in your case I would say Cheyenne. Just stayed there for the first time since the refurb and the rooms are great. The beds are firm as they're new, but we didn't find them uncomfortable.

Talking of which ... no bunk beds any more, just two double beds. I believe some rooms come with a pull out bed also but I'm not sure about that.

The theming at the Cheyenne is next level - it's the most immersively themed hotel at DLP. You really feel you are in a Wild West town (albeit one with a Starbucks and a launderette...)

Chuck Wagon restaurant is better than I remember it - they've put in some 'covered wagon' tables to damp down the noise a bit. It's still busy and noisy, but at least they show you to a seat now, which is much better.

Don't bother with the overcrowded buses, by the time you get to the bus stop you could be half way through the Village. It's a lovely walk by the river too.

Don't forget breakfast costs extra now. Cheyenne includes hot options these days, but if you don't want a full buffet breakfast, I can recommend New York Style Sandwiches in the Village for pastries, or Earl of Sandwich for a bacon and egg roll. Or Starbucks of course.

Having said all that, I have never stayed at DCR as we don't drive. It does sound like it would be a lovely place for families, but perhaps nicer in the summer.
Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ljhleeds
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We love DCR. The extra room in the lodges means you can chill out whilst the kids sleep without worrying about waking them up. It’s only a 10 minute drive to the parks.
Old 15 Jan 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Onceuponadreamx
Helping Donald

Definitely another vote for Cheyenne; the fact it's an easy walk back is benefit enough when the bus queues are unreal after Illuminations.
Onceuponadreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

Thank you everyone. We booked Hotel Cheyenne! So excited!