Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
Easy jet only offer one flight arrives 5.30 pm whereas Ryan air is same price and can arrive at 9.15 am. I just wouldn’t bother booking if easy jet was only option as we would loose a full day so pointless really when would have 4 days park tickets. I don’t have to book travel insurance on the Disney site do I ? Do I just book my own? And how do u make sure it covers flights and package as being separate is it in the small print ?
Is that Ryanair flight to Beauvais? If so research your transfer options and the costs to make sure you are happy before booking. Its quite far out from Paris.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Oh gosh yes, Beauvais takes ages and costs a bomb. Charles de Gaulle is the one to go for.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Is that Ryanair flight to Beauvais? If so research your transfer options and the costs to make sure you are happy before booking. Its quite far out from Paris.
My head isn’t screwed on no idea why I said Ryan air 😂😂 air lingus Dublin to CDG. The flights are great times and same price as easy jet roughly. the Ryan air to beauvais is half the price but it seemed way to much faff and hassle when I googled how far out it was.
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
Easy jet only offer one flight arrives 5.30 pm whereas Ryan air is same price and can arrive at 9.15 am. I just wouldn’t bother booking if easy jet was only option as we would loose a full day so pointless really when would have 4 days park tickets. I don’t have to book travel insurance on the Disney site do I ? Do I just book my own? And how do u make sure it covers flights and package as being separate is it in the small print ?
Sorry, I meant book with whichever airline suits you best, not specifically EasyJet. We use EasyJet for European flights most often as it is the easiest budget airline locally, but may be different for you.

No you can buy insurance from anyone, use a comparison site and shop around for the best deal. I think you need to ensure you have ‘end supply failure’ cover to cover everything if you book things separately. This means if one part of your trip was cancelled, say your flight, and it meant you couldn’t complete the holiday the insurance will pay for the full holiday cancellation cost not just the flight. Most insurances say whether or not this is covered in their summary when booking. I usually find the cheaper option doesn’t but the next cover up does, say they call
them bronze silver etc, then silver is often the one where end supply failure is covered but you need to be sure before booking. If you can’t see it in the summary, ring the company to check before buying and make sure they tell you where it states you are covered in the t&cs (just do you can double check)

Most summaries make it clear if this is covered though so it should be reasonably simple to find once you know what you are looking for 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you that’s a great help 😃 might look this weekend at booking if can persuade hubby 😂
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We don’t use a travel agent for Disneyland. Book flights or Eurostar direct then book with Disneyland direct or with WDTC. If we book off site hotels we usually book travel republic.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I booked with Thomas Cook but only because I get discount through my works scheme. It was cheaper for me however note that Thomas Cook book the flights as a package with Disney but Disney buy block allocation with flight company's. This meant when we tried to pick our seats and add baggage etc we were not named with our flight operator's and we couldn't. The allocation of names only happens about 2 weeks before you travel. then you can book seats etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been to DLP around 12 times and always book direct with them and book travel separately.
We always drive over though.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List