Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jan 19, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandobob
Gone all Goofy

3 weeks to long to stay at universal

Goin end of march 2020 for 3 weeks. Lots of different ideas goin round in my head. We love universal and busch and just like Disney lol. 1st idea was to book 3 weeks at universal. But then I Was thinking of staying in Disney hotel for 1st week to really get to see what the Disney magic is all about. Then off to Bush for a few days and then finally staying at universal for 10 days to make use of the unlimited fast passes. And just hire a car for the busch days. Do they deliver to your hotel. Tia

Edited at 03:05 AM. Reason: Missed info out
orlandobob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think that’s a difficult question for other people to answer for you. It would be far too long for me but I love Disney and didn’t like Busch Gardens so that probably doesn’t help. If you think you could happily use Universal as a base for 3 weeks then go for it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

10 days in the universal parks would be too long for me too- however I could easily stay at any of the universal resort hotels for 3 weeks regardless of whether I visited any parks at all 😎.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I personally would feel that 3 weeks at Universal is too long! There are 2 parks and Citywalk, and I'd probably do most of what I want to do in the 2 parks within a couple of days. Though I could always spend more time in the Harry Potter parts of the park.

In contrast - I think I could probably spend 2-3 full weeks at Disney because there are more parks, plus Disney Springs, and I could also explore the hotels...

But it does depend on what you want to do and what sort of park you feel like you prefer? If you want to do a lot of repeat rides on higher intensity rides or fully explore the Harry Potter lands at Universal then you might need more time at Universal. But if you want to immerse into Disney magic and do things like chilling around the world at Epcot then possibly more time at Disney. All depends on what you want to do and think you'd enjoy really!
Old 16 Jan 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

We like a more laid back style of operating these days so 2 weeks at RPR was fantastic for us. The resort is amazing and felt like home when we returned last year. Did Universal for 6 days, Disney for 6 and hit Space Kennedy for a day. Would easily have filled another week at the parks in the Orlando area.

I'd 100% stay for 3 weeks at a universal hotel but that is because we loved having city walk as a home base, and we were fine with taking taxis to Disney as the food and wine festival was the main draw for us there. So nice to be able to smell the roses for a change and watch the street entertainment at Universal, take a leisurely stroll for lunch and still hit everything we wanted to. So different to the old days of running round like a lunatic. We didn't even check out the nightlife on citywalk, so not like we were running out of things to do.

That said if I could afford it I would stay for a week at a Disney hotel near EPCOT then hit up Universal for 2 weeks but the luxury resorts I feel are most comparable to RPR are almost twice the price! My dream of staying at the boardwalk/beach/yacht club is dead in the water after discovering that... So might be a question of if you can afford it too.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We spent 4 days leisurely visiting Universal, staying off site so didn’t have front of line passes, and still had plenty of time to see everything and ride all we wanted to multiple times. However we have had 2 11 night stays onsite Disney and still have lots of things we haven’t done yet.

I believe the hotels are lovely at Universal so if you want to use it as your base, and don’t mind the extra cost for staying onsite, then it maybe be worth it for the nice hotel though. But I don’t feel you need more than 4/5 days maximum at Universal and that’s at a slow pace, it can be all done in 2-3 days easily
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List