Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jan 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sistershandy
Earning More Ears

Mobile Upgrade to CL at GF? Is it worth it?

Hello!
We’ve just booked GF for the last 3 nights of our trip (the rooms were on special offer and there was 13% cash back too making it too good an offer to refuse!) We currently have a lagoon view, but I can upgrade to CL (outer building) for £50 a night. Is it worth the cost? We won’t have the dining plan for that part of the trip.
Thanks in advance.
sistershandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

What are your plans for those 3 days? I'd do it if I was only planning a relaxing time at the resort so could use the lounge often but not if I was off at the parks all day.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sistershandy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
What are your plans for those 3 days? I'd do it if I was only planning a relaxing time at the resort so could use the lounge often but not if I was off at the parks all day.
The first day will be chilling, 2nd day out in the morning back for the afternoon, 3rd day chill in the morning out in the afternoon evening, last day quick breakfast then to the airport!
sistershandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

You get continental breakfast, soft drinks and snacks (cookies crisps) all day, afternoon tea, hot snacks with beer & wine 5-7pm and desserts with Liqueurs etc 8-10pm.

Not sure whether it's possible to consume £50 a days worth but it's nice trying. We've stayed in Sugar Loaf CL (outer building) several times and would do so again without hesitation. In fact I'm checking every day to see if it opens up for my trip next week.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sistershandy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
You get continental breakfast, soft drinks and snacks (cookies crisps) all day, afternoon tea, hot snacks with beer & wine 5-7pm and desserts with Liqueurs etc 8-10pm.

Not sure whether it's possible to consume £50 a days worth but it's nice trying. We've stayed in Sugar Loaf CL (outer building) several times and would do so again without hesitation. In fact I'm checking every day to see if it opens up for my trip next week.
I think my girls could eat that in muffins alone! 😂
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sistershandy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Do you have any room request recommendations/ rooms to avoid?
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

If possible I avoid ground floor or turret rooms (top floor with enclosed balconies) and try to go on touring plans and check for trees in front of balconies. There are some really nice 2/3/4th floor rooms with pool view on one side or marina on the other.

Just found a bill from 2017 saying we stayed in 6307.

Edited at 06:54 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sistershandy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

If possible I avoid ground floor or turret rooms (top floor with enclosed balconies) and try to go on touring plans and check for trees in front of balconies. There are some really nice 2/3/4th floor rooms with pool view on one side or marina on the other.
Thank you so much!
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sistershandy View Post
Thank you so much!
No problem!