Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Just an update for you all (thank you for all your stories and comments, it did help me put myself in perspective!) He went back and grovelled his case, though his manager was very understanding, there are 2 people off in the first week and 2 people off in the second week so there is literally no-one else to cover him so he's definitely not coming

Having had a week to get my head round it, i'm ok about it, i'll miss him terribly but as I said to DH, its a chance to finally spoil his much younger sister as she has never had the 'only child' fuss and specials that he had before she was born, so i'm very much looking forward to that We'll facetime him, his grandad is in the next village so will pop over constantly to keep an eye on him and we have cameras so we'll know if he tries to get up to anything while we are away!

To Leggibone, he works in the bakery of our big supermarket so one of the sections that doesn't have lots of staff trained. On the upside, with all those staff members off, he's in line for some serious overtime over those 2 weeks! I might suggest he uses that extra cash and takes his mum back to Disney for a week for mum and son time , wonder how that would go down?

Least this is the last time I have this issue as he definitely wants to do the lads holiday next year

Edited at 07:29 PM.
jakesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jakesmum View Post
Just an update for you all (thank you for all your stories and comments, it did help me put myself in perspective!) He went back and grovelled his case, though his manager was very understanding, there are 2 people off in the first week and 2 people off in the second week so there is literally no-one else to cover him so he's definitely not coming

Having had a week to get my head round it, i'm ok about it, i'll miss him terribly but as I said to DH, its a chance to finally spoil his much younger sister as she has never had the 'only child' fuss and specials that he had before she was born, so i'm very much looking forward to that We'll facetime him, his grandad is in the next village so will pop over constantly to keep an eye on him and we have cameras so we'll know if he tries to get up to anything while we are away!

To Leggibone, he works in the bakery of our big supermarket so one of the sections that doesn't have lots of staff trained. On the upside, with all those staff members off, he's in line for some serious overtime over those 2 weeks! I might suggest he uses that extra cash and takes his mum back to Disney for a week for mum and son time , wonder how that would go down?

Least this is the last time I have this issue as he definitely wants to do the lads holiday next year
r
Sorry he didn’t get the time off..however well done to you for turning it into a positive.
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jackster14 View Post
r
Sorry he didn’t get the time off..however well done to you for turning it into a positive.
Ahh thank you I don't want youngest to get upset over big brother not coming and she will take her cue's from me, so all we are doing is telling her how much fun it will be and how she will have Me, her dad and her gran all to herself to ride all the rides with her AND (most importantly for her) a trip to steak and shake as we don't have to worry about the gluten free thing and she didn't get to go last time and she was quite upset about that.

We also got a free nascar go karting and meal ticket for her dad with our Disney Tickets with ATD so have said, as we are saving some pennies from Eldest not coming we can pay for her to do the same and she can go with her dad and me and gran will stand and watch. Am also seriously contemplating a trip to KSC for the 4 of us! One half is going 'ooo money saved here! cheaper holiday' other side is going 'But you already allocated that money to the holiday, would it be so terrible to redistribute it to something you've not done and you know everyone would love?' Feel a bit bad just reallocating my son's holiday in this way