Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 Dec 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Big Summer Blowout: Norwegian Fjord Cruise 2018 Day 7&8 - At Sea/Dover *COMPLETE*

Index

Saturday 1st September 2018

The Disney Magic was on its way back to Dover, so today was to be a sea day. I was also our 11th wedding anniversary and we were celebrating with brunch at the Palo restaurant.

We were all up at 8am this morning and while I did the coffee run Jo and Isabella had a cuddle in bed. Isabella’s breakfast arrived via room service at about 9am, and she watched Descendants (again) while she ate.

Jo and I exchanged anniversary cards and then I caught up with my notes.

Good morning sea

Isabella's breakfast

Brunch was booked for 10:30am so Isabella was going to spend the morning in the Oceaneer Club/Lab. Before taking her to the club there was a Captain Hook character meet in the atrium meet at 10am, so I got (mostly) ready and took her there while Jo got ready - you have to dress up for Palo.

Isabella was wearing her Star Wars ‘together we can rule the galaxy’ outfit, which Captain Hook really liked - Meeting Captain Hook is a lot of fun.

Ready to meet Captain Hook

Meeting the Captain

After the meet, I dropped Isabella off at the Oceaneer Club and then headed back to the room to finish getting ready. Jo had finished getting ready, so we made our way up to deck 10 and checked in to Palo. We were shown to our table, with a lovely view of the sea, and our server Freja arrived.

After a Mimosa we were given the usual tour of the buffet - all of which looked as delicious as ever - and then back at the table we decided to order an Apple & Cinnamon (Mickey) Waffle from the menu.

Palo

Our table

Me wife and mimosa

Palo brunch menu

Palo buffet

While we waited for the waffle to arrive, we took advantage of the buffet; seafood first, then some Italian meats and cheese.

The waffle arrived - it was big! It was also delicious, definitely the best Mickey waffle you’ll ever have.

We ordered another dish each from the menu - Jo ordered Rollatini Melanzane (lightly breaded baked eggplant filled with prosciutto, sweet ricotta and smoked mozzarella, served on toscana sauce and drizzled with aged balsamic modena), and I ordered the Artichoke Ravioli (with morel mushrooms, meyer lemon, shaved pecorino romano and broccolini pesto).

We had a little break while we waited for these dishes to arrive, and when they did they were both amazing - Jo said it was the best thing she’d eaten on the entire cruise!

Freja then brought us out an anniversary plate, and another guest took a nice photo of us. We were also brought a chocolate lava cake, which wouldn’t be something I would usually go for but it was really tasty.

There was still room for some desserts from the buffet, so we got a selection to finish off our wonderful meal.

Brunch

Anniversary plate

Edited at 12:05 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List