Notices

Old 6 Jan 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm sorry of hear you've been ill over Christmas, both me and Kate have had a bit of the lurgy. I'm back to work tomorrow and decided I had to get started on this while I had some time to devote to it! Now though I've got some serious decisions to make and that is going to be hard.

I did think that Dave would put up more of a fight, I wasn't sure what his 1 condition would be, the not wearing a 'team' t shirt was easy to comply with

Given how much we loved our 2 days at POR compared to OKW I think we will really like it! I would have loved to try out the villa option as obviously you need others with you to make that a viable option, but I guess that means we will have to return!

I really need to stop the email alerts for flights, it's a bizarre form of self flagulation. Yesterday I had an alert for the same flights we book but for £569, I didn't recognise the name of the website selling them though and while I don't mind shopping around I feel like it's safer to book direct as if there are any problems it's easier to sort out. Anyway, I decided not to click on the link so that I can delude myself that there would have been a booking fee and luggage to add on etc etc!

Now down to business with the ADRs. Oh my goodness this is going to give me headaches. I'm planning on using the gift card towards the tips...hmm...Maybe we could use it for hoop Dee doo.

I think we probably will end up with both CP and TH. I did think about the ROL ticket, but it's not a deal breaker.

I thought you'd vote for TTS. Did you notice that I left off jungle skipper? That was one of my favourites so I'm still not sure.

The Epcot choices are going to be hard. I don't know about GG, I'm not sure I can give it up either. But then I really want to try out the French and German restaurants as they would be new for us too. Maybe that means we should drop Teppan Edo?

I did think that we didn't have a proper steak option...don't add in more restaurants though. Yachtsman was good. Crikey it's tough. I'm surprised you didn't push for narcoosees more.

You snuck Sanaa in to your list. I'll have to think about that as it would be good to get to AKL.

Thanks for all your help. I'll have to really think about it.
I hope you and Kate are feeling better for going back to reality tomorrow!

I did notice that you left out Skipper but I wasn't really surprised, I don't feel like that's a first visit restaurant.

I'd say keep Teppan Edo, it's such a great experience. Can you bear to part with something else to allow for Chef de France, Biergarten, Teppan Edo and Garden Grill!?

I was originally going to push for Narcoossee's, but I'd hate for you to go and not enjoy it when you have your mum and dad there. We know Yachtsman will be wonderful so I think it's sensible not to gamble. It's nice to know there will be a future visit for Narcoossee's.

Looking forward to hearing where you are at with the decision process. I was going to through The Plaza in as an alternate to Beaches & Cream but you have enough dilemmas as it is
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Do I have a list of ADRs for a holiday that’s still months away? Of course I do!

Sci Fi Dine In - I think Heath would love the theming of this and we are definitely going for theming/characters over food in our choices.

Sana’a - as we’re staying at AKL and I’ve got to have that bread service!

CRT - this is my choice as I’m desperate to get in the castle. I suspect it will be awkward meeting the princesses but we’ll manage!

Garden Grill breakfast - like the look of the food, can get on Soarin’ early and meet characters.

Boma - this is mainly as it’s at our resort, could get dumped.

Tusker House - characters, food looks good and the RoL fast passes.

Hollywood and Vine dinner - Halloween themed characters and the Fantasmic fastpasses.

Fairytale dining (the Snow White one) - this looks great, really hope it’s still one credit when we go. Love the characters here.

BoG lunch - again, got to have a look inside this castle! Lunch looks like the nicest food to me. (I know this is CS but it’s a key one for me to get booked)

Via Napoli - have popped this in as we’ve got TS credits left and we all like pizza.

That leaves one TS credit unaccounted for...we may ditch Boma/Via Napoli for a signature or might come up with another one credit meal that I haven’t thought of yet. Please let me know what you think/would suggest.

I don’t know if that’s any help for you but I’m having a lot of fun planning it all!
Tara that is a fab list.

We did lots of those on our first DDP trip and it was great. Definitely the sci fi diner was fun and there's no where else like it at WDW so a great idea. Also, crt is a must for first trips. Hollywood and vine was the first TS restaurant we ever ate in, You've got a fab plan, I wonder how much it will change between now and the time you go.

Personally I've never been that fussed by Via Napoli as there are so many places where you can get pretty good pizza, but of course it is very popular.

Have you thought about squeezing in a trip to one of the monorail resorts? On our first DDP trip we did 1900 park fare dinner with the step sisters at Grand Floridian and that was fun, or the contemporary has options...chef Mickey or the wave are both 1 credit. The lounges at the monorail resorts are nice to sit in and all allow children ,so they could be fun for a bit of downtime.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I hope you and Kate are feeling better for going back to reality tomorrow!

I did notice that you left out Skipper but I wasn't really surprised, I don't feel like that's a first visit restaurant.

I'd say keep Teppan Edo, it's such a great experience. Can you bear to part with something else to allow for Chef de France, Biergarten, Teppan Edo and Garden Grill!?

I was originally going to push for Narcoossee's, but I'd hate for you to go and not enjoy it when you have your mum and dad there. We know Yachtsman will be wonderful so I think it's sensible not to gamble. It's nice to know there will be a future visit for Narcoossee's.

Looking forward to hearing where you are at with the decision process. I was going to through The Plaza in as an alternate to Beaches & Cream but you have enough dilemmas as it is
Well, we made it through the day! We are feeling better thanks.

Yes you're right about skipper, it's exactly why I left it out, much as we enjoyed it, it doesn't have the wow factor. With all the picks I'm trying to pick things that are a bit different and perhaps outside of people's usual stereotypes of theme park restaurants. So, the shows, the theming of the restaurant or location as well as the food...I guess that's why I love GG so much it has all of it! Perhaps you are right and we should do breakfast as a change?

I know you would feel dreadful if we ended up having a bad experience at Narcoosees.

I will have to revisit the draft plan and the advice from everyone at the weekend. There must be a way to fit in GG...

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's almost the big day! How are the plans coming along?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It's almost the big day! How are the plans coming along?
Ha ha how did you know this is all I've been thinking of! Well, currently Narcoossees is on the list, GG is on as our one and only breakfast ADR and Tony's is down as our day 1 lunch.

I'll do a proper update soon. It hasn't really changed that much. I was thinking a lot about you not wanting us to be disappointed with Narcoosees, I'm not sure of the spelling! I've decided not to do the Yachtsman steakhouse, I figure we'll have the option at chefs de france plus I'm thinking the surf and turf will at Narc will be my order. So GF cafe is out.

I've tried to plan a less hectic trip this summer. This has been really hard! My parents celebrated their 49th wedding anniversary on Thursday and maybe I'm deluding myself thinking they will be fine keeping up with all my plans... I don't want to kill them off. So, I've planned a couple of days with no ADR I've tried to put in a lot of resort time.

I also spent a good amount of time researching options for Kennedy Space Centre. Hiring a car, getting a coach transfer, all sort of combos...It was probably a throwaway comment from you about whether or not I would accommodate my dad's one wish for the holiday, but well, basically no I hadn't. Because the stuff my mum wanted to do I wanted to do, so that was easy to put in the plan. Then when I mentioned to mum options for KSC she said to not bother and that would give him a reason to go back! That was definitely a get out of jail free card for me!

Old 26 Jan 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ha ha how did you know this is all I've been thinking of! Well, currently Narcoossees is on the list, GG is on as our one and only breakfast ADR and Tony's is down as our day 1 lunch.

I'll do a proper update soon. It hasn't really changed that much. I was thinking a lot about you not wanting us to be disappointed with Narcoosees, I'm not sure of the spelling! I've decided not to do the Yachtsman steakhouse, I figure we'll have the option at chefs de france plus I'm thinking the surf and turf will at Narc will be my order. So GF cafe is out.

I've tried to plan a less hectic trip this summer. This has been really hard! My parents celebrated their 49th wedding anniversary on Thursday and maybe I'm deluding myself thinking they will be fine keeping up with all my plans... I don't want to kill them off. So, I've planned a couple of days with no ADR I've tried to put in a lot of resort time.

I also spent a good amount of time researching options for Kennedy Space Centre. Hiring a car, getting a coach transfer, all sort of combos...It was probably a throwaway comment from you about whether or not I would accommodate my dad's one wish for the holiday, but well, basically no I hadn't. Because the stuff my mum wanted to do I wanted to do, so that was easy to put in the plan. Then when I mentioned to mum options for KSC she said to not bother and that would give him a reason to go back! That was definitely a get out of jail free card for me!
I am equal parts excited and equal parts nervous that Narcoossee’s is on the list. Never mind the spelling I am never sure how to pronounce it! As CM asked where I was going for dinner once and when I said Narcoossee’s she looked at me like I had 4 heads, must be the accent! It does make sense to ditch Yachtsman when you’ve already eaten there and Narcoossee’s has been on your mind for a while. Of course, Grand Floridian Café is no longer required if you’re eating at Narcoossee’s. Another plus of Narcoosee’s is a more varied menu versus Yachtsman, that was the reason why I opted for Flying Fish when we had our guests.

Helen’s Garden Grill review almost pushed me over the edge, as did your Akershus one! Glad to hear you are doing Garden Grill, I think the family style serving will be more relaxing than a buffet for your parents.

It thrills me to think of you doing Tony’s on the first day, no time for backing out! It will also push you to stick around the park a bit longer, we are terrible for being home by lunch on Day 1.

Mum mentioned a few times that I had forgotten how old she was. I kind of just brushed it off because she’s not old to me, if that makes sense. But it was probably very true, so very kind of you to have planned some resort time. I am sure your parents will be happy for you to go off without them on occasion too if they feel like it’s a bit much for them. That’s the great thing about French Quarter, everything will be nearby for them, at OKW/SSR they could have been in the middle of nowhere.

RE: Kennedy. I wouldn’t have even entertained the idea, so it’s very kind of you to do some research into it. It wouldn’t be the logistics of getting there that would put me off, just the thought of a lost day. Mum was really keen to ‘see’ Universal but I refused to pay the ticket price for her not to ride anything. I think your mum had a valid point, he will have a reason to go back, and I think when he is there and realises how much Disney has to offer, he will not even be thinking of KSC.

Good luck with ADR Day!

P.S. I rang WDTC tonight to query upgrading to French Quarter, they had availability but I couldn’t justify the price. Frustratingly, if we were going during September like we usually do I could have had free nights but our dates don’t have any available. So, just not meant to be this year.
Old 27 Jan 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I am also so curious to hear about Narcoossees! I cant even spell it let alone say it.

Looks like an amazing trip so far and planning is going really well from what I can see!
Old 27 Jan 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely to see another trip in the works for you! You will be heading home as we check into Disney, there goes my Dibb stalking opportunity..😂😆 Sounds like a challenging trip organisation wise so I am sure you will do it justice! Looking forward to your ADR roundup at that magical 180 day mark - not long now! 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I am equal parts excited and equal parts nervous that Narcoossee’s is on the list. Never mind the spelling I am never sure how to pronounce it! As CM asked where I was going for dinner once and when I said Narcoossee’s she looked at me like I had 4 heads, must be the accent! It does make sense to ditch Yachtsman when you’ve already eaten there and Narcoossee’s has been on your mind for a while. Of course, Grand Floridian Café is no longer required if you’re eating at Narcoossee’s. Another plus of Narcoosee’s is a more varied menu versus Yachtsman, that was the reason why I opted for Flying Fish when we had our guests.

Helen’s Garden Grill review almost pushed me over the edge, as did your Akershus one! Glad to hear you are doing Garden Grill, I think the family style serving will be more relaxing than a buffet for your parents.

It thrills me to think of you doing Tony’s on the first day, no time for backing out! It will also push you to stick around the park a bit longer, we are terrible for being home by lunch on Day 1.

Mum mentioned a few times that I had forgotten how old she was. I kind of just brushed it off because she’s not old to me, if that makes sense. But it was probably very true, so very kind of you to have planned some resort time. I am sure your parents will be happy for you to go off without them on occasion too if they feel like it’s a bit much for them. That’s the great thing about French Quarter, everything will be nearby for them, at OKW/SSR they could have been in the middle of nowhere.

RE: Kennedy. I wouldn’t have even entertained the idea, so it’s very kind of you to do some research into it. It wouldn’t be the logistics of getting there that would put me off, just the thought of a lost day. Mum was really keen to ‘see’ Universal but I refused to pay the ticket price for her not to ride anything. I think your mum had a valid point, he will have a reason to go back, and I think when he is there and realises how much Disney has to offer, he will not even be thinking of KSC.

Good luck with ADR Day!

P.S. I rang WDTC tonight to query upgrading to French Quarter, they had availability but I couldn’t justify the price. Frustratingly, if we were going during September like we usually do I could have had free nights but our dates don’t have any available. So, just not meant to be this year.
I hadn't even worried about how to pronounce it until you shared your story. Oh well, I've got lots of time to figure it out. I did consider Flying Fish as it was such a hit on your trip, but I figure we've got enough stuff going on at Epcot we don't need anymore over there.

I think we will start flagging on day 1, but my reasoning was I don't want to do CP on day 1 as that's what we did last summer and I don't want to repeat the same day and I also didn't want to do CRT as I want everyone to warm up to character meets before we go there! So, Tony's it is.

The kids love the pool so the resort time won't be a hardship. I did think if any of us (me) gets itchy feet we can nip into Disney springs on the boat!

I think we will really love POFQ, we really enjoyed our couple of days at POR. I'm sad that you couldn't switch up, but the all stars will be fab!

Old 27 Jan 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
I am also so curious to hear about Narcoossees! I cant even spell it let alone say it.

Looks like an amazing trip so far and planning is going really well from what I can see!
I think it is going to be a brilliant trip, I can't believe we are 6 months out.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Lovely to see another trip in the works for you! You will be heading home as we check into Disney, there goes my Dibb stalking opportunity..😂😆 Sounds like a challenging trip organisation wise so I am sure you will do it justice! Looking forward to your ADR roundup at that magical 180 day mark - not long now! 👍
What a shame we will just miss each other. Maybe next year?