Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile Booking DLP?

Any tips ? Where is best to price theme park tickets? Stay in Disney hotel or associate hotel? Thinking Halloween. First trip to dlp how many days would we need to go for ? We’ve done wdw Florida twice. Just back from it at Christmas. Is dlp good for meeting characters ?
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post

If you book a package via Disney (or an agent) park tickets are usually included.

It is personal preference regarding staying on site or not but we prefer to. Its all close together at DLP so you can easily walk between hotels/village/parks and if you stay onsite you will also get Extra Magic Hours each morning.

Weekends are always busier than weekdays so try and avoid those, and school holidays if you can. We went in October 2018 for Halloween season midweek and longest queue was about 25mins.

Check the official DLP website for prices and also check the other countries versions (just change the language at the top of the page) - that way you can check out the offers in all countries since they differ.

Also price up using Walt Disney Travel Company and Magic Breaks as they sometimes work out cheaper than booking direct.

Character wise there are lots of meet and greets, sometimes the queues can be long though but the interaction is often great. Onsite hotels (except Davy Crocket Ranch) have character meets each morning which can be a great way to meet without much of a wait.

Hope that helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
If you book a package via Disney (or an agent) park tickets are usually included.

It is personal preference regarding staying on site or not but we prefer to. Its all close together at DLP so you can easily walk between hotels/village/parks and if you stay onsite you will also get Extra Magic Hours each morning.

Weekends are always busier than weekdays so try and avoid those, and school holidays if you can. We went in October 2018 for Halloween season midweek and longest queue was about 25mins.

Check the official DLP website for prices and also check the other countries versions (just change the language at the top of the page) - that way you can check out the offers in all countries since they differ.

Also price up using Walt Disney Travel Company and Magic Breaks as they sometimes work out cheaper than booking direct.

Character wise there are lots of meet and greets, sometimes the queues can be long though but the interaction is often great. Onsite hotels (except Davy Crocket Ranch) have character meets each morning which can be a great way to meet without much of a wait.

Hope that helps.

thanks for all the tips was thinking midweek the week before Halloween then itll all be decorated but hopefully not as many queues. when we went to wdw at Christmas there some queues where 5 hour long so we were grateful for magic hour and fast passes. I cant seem to find any definitive lists online of character meets especially princesses ? as wanted to check out who all we could meet if we did decide to book.
I'm finding it very hard to tell which are Disney hotels and which are only associate hotels ? I'm guessing only the actual Disney hotels provide magic hour?

thanks
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
thanks for all the tips was thinking midweek the week before Halloween then itll all be decorated but hopefully not as many queues. when we went to wdw at Christmas there some queues where 5 hour long so we were grateful for magic hour and fast passes. I cant seem to find any definitive lists online of character meets especially princesses ? as wanted to check out who all we could meet if we did decide to book.
I'm finding it very hard to tell which are Disney hotels and which are only associate hotels ? I'm guessing only the actual Disney hotels provide magic hour?

thanks
My trip report from our Oct trip is in my signature below if it helps, there are others that will be worth a read too to help with your planning in the DLP trip report board

Hotel wise the following are official onsite hotels which give you Extra Magic Hours:

Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay and Disneyland Hotel (Hotel New York which is onsite, will be closed for refurb). There is also Davy Crockett Ranch which is a 10min drive away (you need your own car to stay here) and that gives EMH too.

Just looking at the park guide from our visit last Oct, (of course it is all subject to change next year) but the official meet and greets across the two parks included:

Mickey, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, Maleficent, Darth Vader, Goofy, Pluto, Stitch, Jack Skellington, Minnie, Jose Carioca and Panchito, Chip and Dale, Baloo, Captain Hook, Jafar, Princess Pavillion (the princesses switch with a sign outside each day), Buzz Lightyear, Spiderman. Plus any unscheduled random meet and greets.

You can also book character dining - including Auberge-de-Cendrillon which is with the princesses.

disneylandparis/en-g...de-cendrillon/

Hope that helps.

Edited at 05:24 PM.
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
My trip report from our Oct trip is in my signature below if it helps, there are others that will be worth a read too to help with your planning in the DLP trip report board

Hotel wise the following are official onsite hotels which give you Extra Magic Hours:

Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay and Disneyland Hotel (Hotel New York which is onsite, will be closed for refurb). There is also Davy Crockett Ranch which is a 10min drive away (you need your own car to stay here) and that gives EMH too.

Just looking at the park guide from our visit last Oct, (of course it is all subject to change next year) but the official meet and greets across the two parks included:

Mickey, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, Maleficent, Darth Vader, Goofy, Pluto, Stitch, Jack Skellington, Minnie, Jose Carioca and Panchito, Chip and Dale, Baloo, Captain Hook, Jafar, Princess Pavillion (the princesses switch with a sign outside each day), Buzz Lightyear, Spiderman. Plus any unscheduled random meet and greets.

You can also book character dining - including Auberge-de-Cendrillon which is with the princesses.

disneylandparis/en-g...de-cendrillon/

Hope that helps.
Thanks so much. How do I see your signature can’t find a link to your report ? We can’t drive as need to fly so will take a look at the others thanks
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
Thanks so much. How do I see your signature can’t find a link to your report ? We can’t drive as need to fly so will take a look at the others thanks
No worries, the link is here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post13569804

Other DLP reports are here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=157