Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Carnival Liberty 4 Day Cruise - Shore Excursions

Hi everyone,

We're off to Florida again on 3rd of May for 2 weeks and we have decided to voyage beyond the parks this time and do a little touring...

In DH's wisdom he has decided to book us a wee cruise (to tick off his bucket list, life is too short... blah blah blah) I'm kind of excited but in the back of my mind (having seen Titanic etc... you know where i'm going with this ) Anyhoo we've paid off the balance and are now looking at excursions...

We've decided what we want to do in Freeport but are stumped on what to do on our Nassau day... Do we walk to the local beach, tick another bucket list item off and go to Atlantis for the day ($695! for the 4 of us) or something else?

This is our very 1st time cruising so ANY help or advise not even pertaining to the excursions would be gratefully accepted!

Do you're worst my friends... bring on the advice

DUNXandWILL

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No advice on excursions - we're doing our first Bahamian cruise too this year (on DCL), so we're wondering about Nassau too. The only thing I'll say is - cruising is almost as addictive as WDW!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think it was in Nassau that I went underwater swimming and saw lots of fish, coral etc. We each wore a round helmet into which was a tube feeding in air to the helmet, so no need for experience. Afterwards we were given a DVD as a souvenir. I had great fun.

Edited at 04:46 PM.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We didn’t do much in Nassau. Just had a wander around the market and back to the ship. The Atlantis does look nice but £700? That’s not happening for me. Not when you can be on the ship in the same sunshine for free
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
Do we ... go to Atlantis for the day ($695! for the 4 of us) or something else?

DUNXandWILL
Is that for a week?😟
Seriously, that’s a lot of money for a day trip. Have a look on Cruisecritic (ports of call section) for suggestions. Several good cheap beach days available.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My advice in Nassau would be stay on the ship and enjoy all the fabulous facilities while everybody else is ashore. We were underwhelmed with Nassau ! You can walk to a small beach for a couple of hours if you want to get off but we didn’t find much to do in Nassau at all. I certainly would not have paid $695 to go to a water park.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

We did this cruise in 2017, we didn’t want to do much but wanted to get off the ship and have a look around and actually Step in Bahamas.

We did a small island day, called Balmoral island which is owned by the Sandles group, you go on a small boat to get there, it was a lovely relaxing day, we got some snacks and a cocktail from the bar and done a bit of snorkelling, had some live music there too.
This was the sea, so clear.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
We did this cruise in 2017, we didn’t want to do much but wanted to get off the ship and have a look around and actually Step in Bahamas.

We did a small island day, called Balmoral island which is owned by the Sandles group, you go on a small boat to get there, it was a lovely relaxing day, we got some snacks and a cocktail from the bar and done a bit of snorkelling, had some live music there too.
This was the sea, so clear.
Thanks for your response, i'll 100% be looking into Balmoral Island! Thanks so much

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
No advice on excursions - we're doing our first Bahamian cruise too this year (on DCL), so we're wondering about Nassau too. The only thing I'll say is - cruising is almost as addictive as WDW!
LOL I feared this might be the case... doesn't bode well for myself and DH's addictive personalities! We had our "once in a lifetime" trip in 2014 and have been back every year since!

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I think it was in Nassau that I went underwater swimming and saw lots of fish, coral etc. We each wore a round helmet into which was a tube feeding in air to the helmet, so no need for experience. Afterwards we were given a DVD as a souvenir. I had great fun.
OOOOh i'll be looking into this! Myself and DD would love this!

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We didn’t do much in Nassau. Just had a wander around the market and back to the ship. The Atlantis does look nice but £700? That’s not happening for me. Not when you can be on the ship in the same sunshine for free
My thoughts EXACTLY!

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Is that for a week?😟
Seriously, that’s a lot of money for a day trip. Have a look on Cruisecritic (ports of call section) for suggestions. Several good cheap beach days available.
Cruise Critic it is then! Thanks so much for the heads up!

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
My advice in Nassau would be stay on the ship and enjoy all the fabulous facilities while everybody else is ashore. We were underwhelmed with Nassau ! You can walk to a small beach for a couple of hours if you want to get off but we didn’t find much to do in Nassau at all. I certainly would not have paid $695 to go to a water park.
Thanks for the advice, i'm with you a million percent re the $695!

Thanks guys the advice is much appreciated!

Dunx x

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List