Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We went on 9th September a couple of years ago. It was absolutely roasting but there was hardly any rain. According to the CM we asked it’s very often like that in September as the weather changes, summer heat but without the relief of a daily storm. To be fair we’d only been between October and March previously so it was probably more of a shock to the system.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Can I ask the times of your travel... I have a theory that early holiday illness, often attributed to airplane air, is actually down to tiredness.

Did you have an early start or a late night on travel day ?
Interesting. It was an earlier start than normal as we were flying at 11am rather than our usual 1pm virgin flight, so most certainly up and busier than normal from around 6am on travel day.

I would say you might be right though, as I'd mistakenly planned a hectic first day at the parks as it was my birthday (up at 5am for a breakfast res, MK full day then onto MNSSHP for the evening) and I have to admit I was pretty much zonked by 9pm and so persevered and, lo-and behold, the next day I was sick (heart palpitations, dizzy, vomiting etc).

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

We're looking at September this year as well. Had no idea that star wars was being added, my hubby is SW mad, but will probably take lower queues over the new attractions - hopefully
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disneyella View Post
We're looking at September this year as well. Had no idea that star wars was being added, my hubby is SW mad, but will probably take lower queues over the new attractions - hopefully
The Star Wars area won’t be open in September. The crowds are predicted to be lower as people hold off for later in the year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The Star Wars area won’t be open in September. The crowds are predicted to be lower as people hold off for later in the year.
Not necessarily. People who don't like Star Wars may well go before it opens, me being one of them. Mid September's my favourite time to go on holiday wherever I go and it's standing me in good stead this year!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Well fingers crossed it’s ok as we are there on the 14th September! Originally we were looking at October to coincide with our 25th wedding anniversary but brought it forward to avoid GE. Also my wife was worried it might be “ chilly” in October... BTW she still wants to go to Victoria and Alberts perhaps now for her birthday towards the end of the hols. I can already feel my wallet crying out in pain!
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Dont forget it's also hurricane season at that time of year to
Yep ...end of May until October
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumiere
Trying for More Ears

We always go in September, and generally it's a great time to go (we don't have kids yet!).
Crowd levels are very good once the labour day weekend is over, and the weather is usually still very nice - Only bad experience we have had was on our last visit in 2017 when Hurricane Irma struck and ruined a couple of days of the holiday, but that could happen anytime during the summer season.
It hasn't put us off hence why we're going back on September 5th this year.
Lumiere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Onceuponadreamx
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by rosiebun3 View Post
We were there from the 6 th September for 15 nights and it was as hot as August with less rain. DH didn’t cope well and ended up in hospital with dehydration.
I am also fair and had skin cancer last year so now have to be very careful. Used factor 50 and a hat and I was fine, no sunburn.
Make use of every opportunity to walk in shade or air con. Go back to hotel in middle of day and cool down. You will be fine. Crowds are lower so that is a bonus.
Also with diabetes you should qualify for a DAS pass; as standing in line in heat might affect your blood sugars. We had one for DD and it was great.
Ah gosh I'm so sorry to hear that! Glad you're on the mend though and it's reassuring that you managed to cope okay.. I'm really excited but concerned the weather is going to ruin it a little.. I sound so ungrateful I know!
Onceuponadreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Onceuponadreamx
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
have you thought about the first 2 weeks of December? It is usually still warm 20s rather than 30s as a high and very sunny with little rain. You also have the benefit of the Christmas things going on.
I'd love to go then, but OH really wants to go for HHN... ugh haha!
Onceuponadreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List