General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 18 Jan 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018 Day 15 Denny's & Burlington

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018
Day 15 Denny's & Burlington

I’m Emily, my husband is Gary and this was our first overseas holiday with our 17 month Libby. We visited family near Toronto and spent a few days in Montreal too.

Libby was up during the night a few times but then slept in till nearly 9am today. Woohoo!

We had a late start, I washed my hair and we left the house just after 11am to get some brunch. We’d passed a Denny’s on the highway/freeway (no idea what the official term is) and wanted to give it a go. It hadn’t been open long and was attached to a Sandman Hotel. It was lovely and quiet so we were seated straight away.

I had a build your own slam and Gary had a French toast slam with added hash browns. We also got 6 strawberry puppies which were delicious! Libby ate bits of everything.

That sneaky hand

The bill came to $56 including tip. It was all so good . We’ve now got a Denny’s about 20 minutes away (in Glasgow). We haven’t been yet as since it opened in December waits have been a bit crazy and they don’t taking bookings, but we’re going to try it soon.

After we’d filled our bellies, we were headed to Burlington Mall via Tim Hortons. My only gripe with Denny’s (and the reason I prefer iHOP in Florida) is they only do filter coffee, which I despise . A French vanilla at Timmies sorted that though.

At the mall, we amazingly didn’t buy anything! I must not have been feeling 100% lol. I don't even have one picture! Libby wouldn’t nap and was being a bit of a nightmare .

We headed over to Treasure Hunt, which was a sort of TK Maxx style place but had more of a jumble sale like feel. Libby fell asleep literally as we arrived. We got her into her pram fast asleep and headed in for a wander. We picked up a few random bits, nothing noteworthy though and I wouldn’t rush back.

From where we were parked there was also a big Fortunes (supermarket), so we nipped in to get some bits. We got Twizzlers, clothes for Libby, Timmies tea bags for Gary’s Uncle, goldfish crackers and Gary got a 1KG of mango gummy bears . No idea why he decided to get a ridiculous amount! I told him he’d need to eat them before we went home as they weighed a tonne!

We headed home for dinner. Gary gave Libby 1 gummy bear after dinner and she was completely high as a kite. She doesn’t get sweeties at home so coupled with all the decent additives that are still allowed over there, she was absolutely loving life!

We took her to the park round the corner to burn off her energy.

All the parks we came across had some sort of water play area. They weren't on when we got there but by our second week they'd all been switched on for summer

She was a right little sweaty Betty when we got home so we let her dip her toes in the pool before bath time.

After Libby was in bed, I did some packing and checked the Clarity card for damage control. I’ve mentioned it before but we use the Halifax Clarity Card for most of our spending abroad, the exchange rate is near perfect and it doesn’t have any charges. I just pay money over from our savings on the app every few days. I was pleasantly surprised at the exchange rate we were getting, we hadn’t spent as much as we thought .

Sorry today was a bit dull! Tomorrow we head to Niagara on the Lake so a bit more interesting .
Thanks for reading, can’t believe we’re nearly finished x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Sounds like a relaxing day - got to love the grand slam breakfast at Denny’s

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
another good day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Thanks for commenting
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

How have I missed this? Now all caught up.

That drive from Montreal sounds a bit stressful with a restless toddler. I feel your pain.

The aquarium looks lovely and how cute of Libby to love your extended family so much. Port Dover looks stunning, such a cute little town.

I can’t believe you have a Denny’s! You’ll have to report back on how it is.

This trippie really makes me want to visit Canada again <3 and I’m loving how chilled the pace sounds too. Like an actual holiday! Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
How have I missed this? Now all caught up.

That drive from Montreal sounds a bit stressful with a restless toddler. I feel your pain.

The aquarium looks lovely and how cute of Libby to love your extended family so much. Port Dover looks stunning, such a cute little town.

I can’t believe you have a Denny’s! You’ll have to report back on how it is.

This trippie really makes me want to visit Canada again <3 and I’m loving how chilled the pace sounds too. Like an actual holiday! Xx
Thanks lovely Hope you're keeping well! It was definitely a chilled holiday, we had an absolute ball xx