Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jan 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

CBR or POR

So interested to know which you guys would stay in. My choice would be POR but what’s CBR like since refurb?
TIA
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We've stayed at both, but CBR was pre-refurb (and pre food tent and construction). We loved POR for the theming and qs food court, but preferred the pool, public spaces and feel of CBR,two that's where we've booked to go back to this year. Really looking forward to seeing the refurb and how the Riviera has affected it, and am really hoping that the Skyliner might be open too when we go🤞 We're also quite cost conscious and found the price of CBR sat better with us. The boat to DS isn't as much of a draw for us as it is for some. We tend to go when it's cooler in the evenings and sometimes got really cold on the boat, plus it's not particularly quick. We found the bus from CBR got us there and back much quicker. I would happily stay at both though

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 11:56 PM. Reason: typo
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We've stayed at both, but CBR was pre-refurb (and pre food tent and construction). We loved POR for the theming and qs food court, but preferred the pool, public spaces and feel of CBR,two that's where we've booked to go back to this year. Really looking forward to seeing the refurb and how the Riviera has affected it, and am really hoping that the Skyliner might be open too when we go🤞 We're also quite cost conscious and found the price of CBR sat better with us. The boat to DS isn't as much of a draw for us as it is for some. We tend to go when it's cooler in the evenings and sometimes got really cold on the boat, plus it's not particularly quick. We found the bus from CBR got us there and back much quicker. I would happily stay at both though
I’m too v cost conscious and whilst it has been nice to stay at the ‘deluxe’ resorts on DVC(this is just for the odd night to try them out) no way would I pay the price for these on a 14 night free dining offer stay. Where can I look now for CBR any details on how the resort is now?
Old 15 Jan 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I’m too v cost conscious and whilst it has been nice to stay at the ‘deluxe’ resorts on DVC(this is just for the odd night to try them out) no way would I pay the price for these on a 14 night free dining offer stay. Where can I look now for CBR any details on how the resort is now?
There's a huge thread about CBR with lots of vlogs posted on it. If you look on YouTube at Passport to the Parks and Themepark ohana, they have some good vlogs too. The Tim Tracker also did one.
This is the thread, and the vlogs, reviews and pictures start from this page:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...072470&page=90
This one is is just under 5 minutes and gives you a good idea: wdwmagic/resorts/dis...ach-resort.htm

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Although I think CBR is a really pretty resort, I much prefered POR.
I liked the themeing better found it less confusing and liked the food court a lot better than CBRs food court.
I did enjoy CBR but wouldn't stay there again, but I would definitely stay at POR again
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve stayed at both, but CBR pre refurb, I would definitely stay at POR again but not CBR, just wasn’t as pretty and homely as POR!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Thank you everyone